Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit: It's time for the Talent Show again. Pg.3

thestr8metaledge, I am interested in borrowing your saber, if it isn't too much trouble.

The parts for my saber are in the mail and should be here Tus. So that should work out well.

If you are still willing to lend it to me let me know how you want to do it. The best way I can think of is for you to come to the church that day and watch it. That way it's never out of your sight, and you could get a meal out of it. But you'd have to sit thrue all the other crap! lol (And you may have to hear my brother sing!)

Let me know ether way so I can prepare.

Well I went out and bought some more stuff.

I went to the local Wally-World and found that they had 4 Darth Vader sabers there. I picked one up because it was said that it has the best sound and what not... But after bringing it home I was disappointed to find that it has F.O.C. and the Obi-Wan sounds better, I think. But I like the clash sound better on the Vader saber.

I also picked up a Darth Vader helmet w/ the voice changer. That's very cool for $25. But it's not very comfortable because my head is too big. It's obviously made for kids. But I can still use it for the show. I think it will do just fine.

I think I’m sleeping on the tonight… lol

sure I'd be willing to give that a try. sometimes traffic in that general vicinity makes me prone to stabbing lol so I don't suppose you'd mind if I tried to get one of my friends to drive? the person I have in mind is as equally obsessed with this sort of thing as I am (if not more) so she might want to stay and watch the performance as well. how long is the whole thing expected to last?

The show is the 25th of this month. Dinner is at 5:00 and the show starts at around 6:00 (or whenever everyone is done eating) and last for a couple of hrs. at least. The church is in Dudley. If you know where Nichols Collage is, we are right there, you can’t miss it.

The most traffic you should encounter in the area would be, depending on where you’re coming from, Rt.90, or Rt.290. Other than that it’s all country back roads.

You can email me if you have any Q’s and to iron out the details. firebird21@rocketmail.com

I should note that I am waiting to hear back from the Pastor to be sure it will be OK to “Fight” in church. I don’t think it will be a problem because he’s into Star Wars, but just in case.

oh man Firebird, I've got some bad news, my friend...starting the 21st of this month I'm going to be in Jersey for 2 weeks, so it looks like I won't be able to make it to the show. I'd still be willing to loan out my saber though, provided I can get a guarantee I'll get it back.[] I'd just have to drop it off early is all. the low traffic sounds like a bonus to me lol but I'll probably still have my gf drive. what can I say I'm lazy lol.
    a pastor that's into Star Wars? man that's sweet!

Email me and we can iron out the details.

Edit: I sent you an email using this sight. I hope it worked.

Well, yesterday my cousin and I started to try and choreograph our skit…

We found out just how much skill is needed to do this right! We have a couple of moves down, but it’s going to be hard to fill in the estimated 2min. skit.

I’m trying to edit the music, but the good program is not usable at this time (Adobe Premier) I’ll figure something out… I can always use my 4-track recorder that I bought and have hardly gotten my use out of. But it’s cassette quality, and I’m picky.

I will video tape this and post it here when it’s done. We just remodeled the hall and we painted the stage black, so the sabers will look AWESOME.

We have a new light set-up that can be programmed, so I was thinking about using the “Force” to damage the lights and make them flash like you’d see in the movies.

Also, we have an awesome new sound system (Lights and sound were designed and installed by my father and I) so I was planning on using the lapel mics (the really small mics you see clipped to people’s clothes) and tape them to the speakers of the sabers… That way you hear the saber clashes, NOT the blades smacking!

What I have thought of so far, as far as a “show” is concerned, I am going to have the good guy walk onto the stage to about 30sec. of the Star Wars intro music. This will then fade into the “Imperial March”, at which time the bad guy will walk in (possibly Vader depending on how well the Hasbro helmet works). Once we are on stage the music will cut to the “Duel of the Fates” music, at which time we will commence our duel.

It will be cool. And a lot of fun!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Firebird21

Well, yesterday my cousin and I started to try and choreograph our skit…

We found out just how much skill is needed to do this right! We have a couple of moves down, but it’s going to be hard to fill in the estimated 2min. skit.

I’m trying to edit the music, but the good program is not usable at this time (Adobe Premier) I’ll figure something out… I can always use my 4-track recorder that I bought and have hardly gotten my use out of. But it’s cassette quality, and I’m picky.

I will video tape this and post it here when it’s done. We just remodeled the hall and we painted the stage black, so the sabers will look AWESOME.

We have a new light set-up that can be programmed, so I was thinking about using the “Force” to damage the lights and make them flash like you’d see in the movies.

Also, we have an awesome new sound system (Lights and sound were designed and installed by my father and I) so I was planning on using the lapel mics (the really small mics you see clipped to people’s clothes) and tape them to the speakers of the sabers… That way you hear the saber clashes, NOT the blades smacking!

What I have thought of so far, as far as a “show” is concerned, I am going to have the good guy walk onto the stage to about 30sec. of the Star Wars intro music. This will then fade into the “Imperial March”, at which time the bad guy will walk in (possibly Vader depending on how well the Hasbro helmet works). Once we are on stage the music will cut to the “Duel of the Fates” music, at which time we will commence our duel.

It will be cool. And a lot of fun!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">What I would suggest is that you get all the MP3s and cut them together using a program like Wavepad. That way it's all pre-coreographed, musically at least. Oh, and don't limit yourself to Duel of the Fates, because it's got parts where it gets real quiet and soft, and that won't be good for fighting. Try to intercut some of it with Anakin vs. Obi-Wan off the ROTS soundtrack. I actually just played that track for the entire duel scene, and it worked pretty great.

Vader may be hard to do, as he requires a lot of costuming to look right.

And one more thing: PRACTICE YOUR MOVES.
    I can't stress that enough. And don't do anything with too many fast spins at close range, or you'll get whacked in the nose in front of the entire audience. AS cool as it is to imitate that part in the Mustafar duel where they spin their sabers for like five seconds, it's very dangerous.

And make sure you have variety in the duel, otherwise it'll get boring. Try multiple styles of fighting, like upside-down and stuff like that.

WATCH RYAN VS. DORKMAN!!!!!
    That's a ridiculously awesome lightsaber choreography video you can get off theforce.net. Watch it and learn.

That's all! Enjoy your duel!

Awesome video! Thanks for the tip…

Well the show is tomorrow...

There's a dress rehersal tonight at 7:00 and we still meed a lot of practice!

Wish us luck! We are going to need it.

I wonder how many of the old fogies are going to have a problem with "Fighting" in the church...

We arn't going to have a death seen, rather it will be more like the Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker ending were the bad guy (me) gives up, gives in, realizes his evil ways, however you want to sugar coat it.

Both light sabers are working well (I hope) so I prey to God that everything works out.

Edit: 212 post??? Damn! I missed 200!!!!

Oh well, there's always 3,4,5,6,7,8,900 and the big 1k!

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ