Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maul Question.

Default Maul Question.

ok so i got some exciting news. my parents might be getting me a darth maul Fx for christmas and i was wondering some thing.

after converted will i be ablle to use the battle blades they sell here or am i going to get screwed out of that like the Ultra conversions? i dont mean the DIY ones. i am going for these ones since it is cheaper.

plus is there a way i can take off one of the covertec clips and replace it with like a set screw or some thing?
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

If you convert it with a metal blade holder it can use 1" blades. Only the pre-converted Mauls from Ultrasabers don't have the aluminum blade holders. If you get a DIY kit you'll be set.

I took off one of the Covertech knobs on mine and just left the threaded hole empty. It's tiny and hard to notice. You could put a set screw in there, but you'd have to find the thread pitch
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

here i am am asking questions about a darth maul saber conversion and who should be the first? Lord Maul Himself lol.that just made my night.lol

thanks man that is what i needed to hear. any idea what the thread pitch is. will any thing fall out of place if i take it out or will every thing be ok?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Nothing will fall out of place. I'm not sure what the thread pitch is...I'd guess 4-40, but I'm probably wrong. I would check, but I don't have the saber anymore

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

thats sad to hear. thanks again man. know the only thing i got to worry about is if it is going to be a MR or Hasbro. i dont think it will make a differnce though...

never mind it is the hasbro release. i hope it can be converted like the MRs....

Council Member
    Sith Lord

It should be exactly the same hilt, just with a different brand label.

one more question was the emiter metal or plastic?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

It's metal. I believe we had at one point decided that it was steel, and the body was aluminum. The conversion kit blade holder is aluminum.

i like the sound of it being steel! lol thanks again man if i need any more questions i will post here. God Bless.

and MTFBWY