Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Run saber off of wall socket...

if u want a wall saber why not use a neon or plasma?(if this was brought up on the first page my bad)

u could always use the hilt for the saber as a shell over what ever lighting system u want (kinda like a flshlite in a sinktube) that way u could always just slide in a lux3 set up if u feel like playing with it

not to be a bump in the road here but this is just what came to mind whe i ways reading what the rest of u all came up with great team work

darthdan ur pic with the sabers looked like mine so it freaked me out alil i didnt rember posting on this b4 so ya

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Just wanted to run this past you folks.

I was looking through my spare parts bin, and I found an AC-DC power supply that puts out 3.6V @ 1500 mA. I tested it with a green K2, and it works just fine, despite being slightly below the rated 3.85 forward voltage.

I left it plugged in on the bench for about an hour just to see what it would do. I actually put the heat sink together with a lens and taped it to the base of a blade to get the full effect. It got quite hot. Too hot to touch in fact. I figure this is probably normal heat for the K2, but without the body of a saber to draw it away and spread it out, it had nowhere to go.

I wouldn't want it to be on all day, without a better way of dealing with the heat. Option one would be a little fan. Someone recently posted a picture of one. If there were vent holes near the heat sink, and a speaker grill on the pommel, the air flow should draw the heat away.

The second option is a heat sink like we talked about here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...0&postcount=24

That would cost a lot to produce, but it would work well, and look pretty cool too.

What do you think?