Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any 1 Have a Advanced Light Weaponry Hilt??

Default Any 1 Have a Advanced Light Weaponry Hilt??

Ive seen there site for so long and considered having them build me an ancient saber and wanted to know if anybody has ever seen there pieces in person or own them .

I wanted one of those more than anything in the world until I found this site
    Alderaan shot first.

not exactly sure where on here I read it, but somewhere, someone took one apart and found that they're not very well-built.....

i think it was alot of clay, glue and cheap electronics, i'll try a search and see if i can link to it.
    as brilliant and concise as the above post is, it won't save you any money on car insurance.

I have an ALW hilt. And I know the owner. Rob's hilts are very different than anything else out there. They are more like works of art. Most of them don't resemble anything like a typical lightsaber. They look more like ancient relics or lightsabers built by an alien species.

Rob's focus is more on the hilt than the electronics. And while I didn't have a problem with the electronics that came with mine ... I could see were some expert builders might get picky with the insides.

Robs hilts are VERY heavy. VERY heavy. He believes that a real lightsaber would have alot of weight to it ... so he uses very heavy materials to build his hilts. By far the heaviest hilt I've ever had. But that doesn't mean you can't duel with them ... a group called NY Jedi (nyjedi.com) is sponsored by AWL and they uses his lightsabers in their performances. The weight of the sabers and materials used to build them also make them extremely durable. You can throw it around and never worry about any real damage.

Also, Rob's hilts can be very expensive. Because they are designed and created by hand ... and very time consuming ... you can end up paying $300 - $400 for a lightsaber with a Luxeon III and no sound. And that's because what you are paying for is the very unique "work-of-art" look.

As for 'clay and glue'... the sculpted quality of the ancient saber is very good I have heard but like anything it can be damaged. if you are going to duel with it I would ask him ahead of time if he recomends dueling with the ones that have the sculpting. As for the hilts overall, the materials are very heavy duty and are usually welded together. I have heard nothing but good about them aside from the weight (some like it, some don't). The NYJedi guys seem to love them

Edit: I do not own an ALW saber, this is from people that I have talked with that own them.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

I met Bob Innacone (sp??) at C4 along with Flynn, Jester, Damon and THEIR Master Novastar... (!!) hehheh

Anyhow, they all seemed to be aces in my book, and yes indeed, I can confirm that what JediB is saying about the hilts being "relic artwork". I do not know about the insides (and often, that is up to what is being purchased/installed, etc.), but the hilts I saw at C4 looked very intriguing, well-made, durable, unique, and more in the style of what JediB is saying... Alien... Predator... you know, organic meets technology. Just what you'd want to match up with CF + "Ancient Saber" sound...

Finally, I can safely say that it sure looked like Flynn beat the snot out of his saber. You know, scratches, signs of wear and tear... and in MY PERSONAL BELIEF... this is a good sign. My own Flange III sabers look somewhat "afright" up close since they have quite literally seen 24,000+ hits (and I'm being conservative--I'm DEAD F-'IN SERIOUS), and this means that they've been dropped, smashed, abused, thrown, gripped, torqued, whacked, sweated(sp?) on, and otherwise put into action/service for a myriad of mean melees, mayhem and monkey business...

...but they've never failed due to the dueling. Not even the blades have broken!

Granted, recently things got a bit jacked up due to me messing around adding LEDs, motors, replacing speakers and screwing with things... but... those bugs have been worked out too (I hope), heheheh.

Anyhow... it looks like Bob's hilts are pretty tough. I say the worst that could happen is... try one out!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I think the hilts look as rad as can be.

Id like a focus board and a hyperblade .

The proto purple hyperblade at that

I wouldent want anything from hyper. If you want a bright blade and crappy sounds with crappy runtimes, just take 3 mr led strips and sound cards then stuff that all into a single blade and hilt with a 4.8v batterypack and you will have a hyper setup.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 07-07-2008 at 05:13 PM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I just want the blade.
    I havent seen them in person , only on the web , but on youtube they seem to be way brighter than a lux 3 or a stock MR.
    As for sound , forget it , crystal focus braHHH
    I do think think there way over priced since a replacement MR led string costs like 15 bucks .
    I just want a real lightsaber already jeez

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't know if the Crystal Focus board supports the LED string type of blade.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!