Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Paladin with new TCSS cyan Lux III

That thing is awesome! Just what you'd expect a big, armored Jedi to use

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Forcestruck View Post
    Fabulous looking Saber!

I know you said the pommel is a brasscraft 2641 lavatory/sink handle but I was curious what it was made of? Is it something that could be powdercoated?
    It is one of those clear plastic handles. I am not exactly sure, but I bet it would depend on the temp needed to cure the powder.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    yeah I did my daughters saber with one of those...

I used..

BH 4
    Ribbed Extension
    Generic sink knob from Home Depot, got 2 for 9 bucks.

I threw a white lux 3 with a deep pink Lee filter and just the simple resistor and normal TCSS push on/off switch which i was able to fit in the bottom of the sink knob (after a little grinding of the internals of the knob) After also grinding down the inner edges of the knob i was able to simply screw it on to the threaded end of the ribbed extension..End result was one of the smallest lightest sabers I've ever seen. i think yoda would be impressed!

I'll try to get some pics up soon
    Lex, thats what I'm talkin about! Just a little dremel work and it screws right on (and is very solid). I can't wait to see the pix!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by NickVader View Post
    That thing is awesome! Just what you'd expect a big, armored Jedi to use
    I've already had three people try to 'borrow' it. Does that seem right for a Light Side Saber? I'm only sayin'

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    oooo...

I didn't know you could do that with a fawcet handle and a gender changer MHS peice... cool.

MC

Yeah, I used to think the gender changers were kind of useless, but this is as good a use as any for them!

Where did you get the blade holder??

The Jedi... The Sith... you don't get it do you?
    To the galaxy, they're the same thing:
    Just men and woman with too much power.
    squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.

Dude, this thread is 7 years old. But to answer your question, that emitter is the MHS style 1 blade holder, with the MHS claw mount and claws added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ahhh yes Loreen, now my path to the dark side is complete...wait my personal saber is named the Paladin...how?...when?...where?...why?...confusion sets in...fade to black...
    Yeah thats realy great Lord Dottore Matto...your a Sith and you Saber is named..Paladin?... O_o
    ...Anyways...the Saber looks very cool...never thought one could use a sink handle as a pommel....very cool looking....like the Blade Holder also.

Also long time member just never posted anytime....haven't built a Saber yet so never figures i should offer my input....but i just had to respond to this one...lol.
    Last edited by PhoenixHawk; 06-09-2015 at 08:17 AM.

K thanks! But where might I find the claws?

The Jedi... The Sith... you don't get it do you?
    To the galaxy, they're the same thing:
    Just men and woman with too much power.
    squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.

If I were to guess, I'd say he probably cut them himself.