Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MHS First one to order on mon 30th...

looks great bud.

how does the blade holder feel with a blade in it? sturdy?

i hate how this hobby is sooo fraking addictive

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Cool

Yeh the BH feels great, to the point that I don't think I will use the blade retention screw...won't be dueling and I have to put a bit of effort in to get the blade home...

The BH looks mint in the flesh, but not overly impressed with the way the blade lights up, its a Luxeon III through a 1000 buckpuck so maybe thats the reason?

I would put a pic in but they all seem to look great when I take a pic lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Judge them from the Darkness...

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeKane View Post
    The BH looks mint in the flesh, but not overly impressed with the way the blade lights up, its a Luxeon III through a 1000 buckpuck so maybe thats the reason?
    yea, its the LED. the IIIs are ok but not nearly as bright as a K2, V, or a P4. my saber had a green K2 and III and you really see the difference. I recently bought 3 different colored P4s and i cant wait to see if they are as bright as everyone says. 1 Green, 1 Blue, and 1 Red. i have high hopes for the Red one.

also the blade length effects brightness too. the longer the blade the harder it is for the LED to light it up all the way. what size are you using for your blade?
    Last edited by Braxus; 07-18-2008 at 06:42 AM.

Couple things to consider here...

1. Your LED is being underdriven by about 540mah, the red Lux III need at least 1400 to be close to full brightness so you would need to wire 2 buckpucks in parallel to achieve that.

2. I assume you are using Corbin's blade film in the blade...How many wraps are in there? I noticed a HUGE difference going from 1 wrap up to 3, and now I have 5 in mine and couldn't be happier!

3. Like the above post mentioned, How long is your blade? Anything over about 34-36" starts to dim out about 3/4 up the blade, especially with it being underdriven.

Hope this helped
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Lightbulb

I'm just using the standard corbin blade its a 34" one, so maybe upgrade the LED, this will all be for my next one next month, just getting it planned out..

These P4 ones, they are the brightest then? what would I need to run one?

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Talking

Sorry just saw these lol

Say I went for:

Build Your Own Luxeon V Electronics Kit
    Luxeon 3w driver V2

I take it that I could do away with the Resistor / Driver that comes with the kit?

Would I need owt else or would that be Yodariffic?

If you want Red then the only way to go is Lux III from what I've heard the Red P4's arent that great and the Lux III is the only other one that comes in Red. (except the Rebel's but that's a whole nother ball of wax all together)

So if you want you're current saber brighter and more even, either grab 2 700mah Buck drivers or just set it up with a simple resistor setup and you'll be golden. Plus maybe add a wrap or 2 of film for me evenness.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Cool saber! I also have a hilt with the crown emitter w/blade retention screw. I'm using a upgraded TCSS blade and I already know it will hold up during duels!

the red III's are really bright if driven properly, my brother commented that mine is painfully bright if you stare at it, for max brightness you need a pair of 700ma pucks though which are bulky and won't have the features.

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Question

right what if I was to use the 3wDriverV2 board?

got big plans for the next one...