Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heirloom

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thumbs up Heirloom

I just wanted to say that the Heirloom sound font sounds really cool and [if possible] very realistic with the pitch shift feature. I like this one because it's VERY clean and it's simple - also, very appropriately named.

Cheers to Madcow!

Brought to me by Novastar.

Not having a CF of my own, I do have to agree that it really is perfect in the video....I was highly impressed with the volume compared to his speaking voice (as compared to mic pickup) as well as the quality of the font itself..."great job on that he did"... I really want to hear it in person ....I have shown a lot of vids to non SW fan friends of mine and the one posted on Erv's site got the biggest response from them. I think that speaks volumes for it, in any case if I can ever get a CF it's one of the 1st going into it, that and Novastars ancient saber....It's wonderful to have so many talented people willing to share with the rest of us.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If it goes into Threnody - then I can totally see how those two in particular would be perfect. Most of my friends are reluctant to humor me when I talk about my sabers publicly - but of course, ask me to make them one behind closed doors...

Yup, when I heard the font that Rob made, I thought it was so nice I asked if he would like if I included it on the NSCFv1 CD. I was barely able to sneak it in on time, but... there ya go! 20 fonts! Nice and even.

There is also another font (from whom I can't remember) that I would have liked to include, it was called "Holy Reaver" or something like that! It was VERY cool, although I think it still needed some unique tweaks to make it really stand out on its own. But still... it was pretty gnarley.

Normally I remember these kinds of things, but... these days, all the jobs/projects I have are fairly overwhelming...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Shadeslinger made Holy Reaver yeah, that was a cool one. I think he said it's still has to be cut and converted.

If I talk with him, maybe I can include a version in the 2nd N-Star CD.

Yes, my best guess says that there WILL be another.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Yeah, I've kinda slacked on the HR font, but I'm satisfied with the sounds now. I changed some of the clashes (again) and I decided to use a subtle telekinisis push sound effect instead of the one I used from the Jedi Academy game. It's no masterpiece and not everyones cup of tea, but I like it.

Here's yet another mp3:
    HolyReaverFinal.mp3

I just need to get off my duff and cut the thing.(Ooo and I need to make a boot sound, almost forgot about that!) I also have sounds on standby for the Havoc font I want to do, I have most of the sounds for the Spaceballs font and I think I'm gonna do one that only a kid who grew up on giant monster movies would like. Oh yeah! It's GODZILLA time baby!!

*sigh* I need to get to "work".

EDIT: Btw eastern, hows that sorestu font you were working on? I really like that one.
    Last edited by Shadeslinger; 06-29-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: no double posting :P

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslinger View Post
    Btw eastern, hows that soresu font you were working on? I really like that one.
    It turned out alright... The version in my franken-saber vid is the most current. There's still a few small pops and clicks that I haven't fixed yet... overall, it sounds good to me...

I made some vocal menu sounds for that one and steampunk... but I pretty much back-shelved the other fonts when Nova released the compendium...

Glad you like Heirloom.

Did you try it in a CF 4.0? I'm curious what you think about the extra force sound. That was made last minit - but it's growing on me (force clash).

Cheers,
    MC

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hey! There's the man

I did try it in a V4 - the force2 is fitting, it blends in with the rest of the theme. But I prefer the simpler days of one blaster, one force. It's also in my V3 and I actually like that one a lot better. I'm particularly fond of the hum and [original] blaster.

How long did you work on it?