Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick Disconnect

Default Quick Disconnect

Just curious about the quick disconnects (like the ones sold in the store), does anyone know where those are available in brick and mortar stores? I've been to Frys and Radio Shack, with no luck. Anyone know where to find quick disconnects? Thanks!

asking on tim's store's forum where else you can buy one of his products bay not be all that well received.

lol. Good point. Ordinarily I would purchase them through TCSS, but with the vacation on and me having a saber in pieces, I just thought I'd ask. A very good point, though. My only defense was that I wasn't trying to buy on of Tim's products elsewhere, but just similar disconnects. I know they are sold in various stores, I just couldn't find them. My apologies, Tim, and feel free to shut this thread down... Yes, I feel like a dolt.

well do a search.. this HAS been discussed before.. some have found the quick connects to be too big for their projects.. so others offered their solutions..

I find computer mother board connections work well.. but sometimes NOT to secure.. (depends) they have 2, 3, 4 type connectors, very flat and usable..

That's exactly the sort of connector I was looking for, and I thought Fry's would have them for sure, but no dice. Then I thought for sure Radio Shack would have them, but nothing there either. I thought those would be the simplest things to find, too...

not sure about purchasing them.. I just figure most computer geeks got tons of them laying around... form other CD/DVD installs.. new motherboards are where most come from..

they really can be salvaged from almost anything/where

The problem I find (i have several computers sitting around I could scavenge from) is that while I can often find wired male disconnects, most females are directly on boards. And many of these disconnects are difficult to open once closed on the wire, so removing them is tricky. Someone as to sell just the male/female ends, which we can then just insert our wire, lock them down, and go...

Blog Entries

Default try a hobby store

Go to a hobby store. Specifically, find a hobby store that sells high-end RC cars, planes and/or Helicopters. Also consider using bullet plugs. I'll put bullet plugs in the store wish list thread.
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

Sometimes I find that "9v snap connectors" (which, btw do not have to be "aligned" with 9v batteries) can work well.

The only problem is that by snapping two connectors together--it visually "reverses" the red and black leads. It's not really a big deal to ME, but I do find that sometimes a "flatter" q/d solution works over the ones Tim sells.

I still use both though. Each with its own purpose.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I recently bought a bunch of these:
    http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...WHITE/-/1.html

and these to go with them:
    http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...WHITE/-/1.html

They work well in tight spaces.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.