Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1st MHS

Default My 1st MHS

No name yet bet check it out= Pommel 4(needs a lil custom service), Hilt 2, MHS ribbed v, Choke 2, blade holder 12.
    im playing around with the paint scheme as media bladeholder,extreme chrome choke, copper jacket ribbed up to last rib leaving rest unpainted,flat black hilt machined grooves, media pommel.
    I want a P4 with filters for purple mainly but enjoy lots of colors, and have sound via a luke anh soundcard (which i need to pull from still) still learing about a rechargeable port so once I feel comfortable tally ho! Cause I for sure dont want to be opening this thing up all the time. I still feel really new to all this so im taking my time. getting things squared away before taking anymore steps.

"The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~

Looks nice, if you need any help with anything we're all here to answer your questions

Maverick

That's lookin sweet Dru, can't wait to see it come to reality.

Did you check out Where are you thread I wrote you in my last post, we live pretty freakin close to eachother....check it out
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

looks long?.. whats the length on that baby? 15+

Very cool design! But yeah, keep in mind, this is.. going to be about 16" long. If that's your style, great! But just to make sure you know.
    "You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi circuit diagrams by Count Dooku!"

I am a lil concerned about the length but I really want the ribbed piece and choke (the choke is just screaming spin me)i do enjoy the hilt but to cut down on length im not opposed to ditching the hilt for a 2"-4" connector, i just dont want to run into space contraints. Would Tim be able to sneak in some machined grooves on one of the smaller connectors? I really want to retain the look of the flat black with some machined grooves for grip and a lil flash. I would also like to keep the button towards the pommel.
    Speaking of the pommel i'd like to have the d-ring attached near the middle of its angle most likely attached by a tapped threaded hex screw. Has anyone used this particular pommel with a speaker? How cramped was it flowing towards the end?

I'll play around in photoshop some more and try to get my paint effects to show up.

Leximus we will meet up soon im not so sure how i feel dueling it up with my ultra vader so here comes a somewhat more comfortable mhs. What sabers do you guys use?

Thanks for everyones comments/input as always!
    "The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~

check you PM's Dru
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Master Dru-Er View Post
    I am a lil concerned about the length but I really want the ribbed piece and choke (the choke is just screaming spin me)i do enjoy the hilt but to cut down on length im not opposed to ditching the hilt for a 2"-4" connector, i just dont want to run into space contraints. Would Tim be able to sneak in some machined grooves on one of the smaller connectors? I really want to retain the look of the flat black with some machined grooves for grip and a lil flash. I would also like to keep the button towards the pommel.
    Speaking of the pommel i'd like to have the d-ring attached near the middle of its angle most likely attached by a tapped threaded hex screw. Has anyone used this particular pommel with a speaker? How cramped was it flowing towards the end?

I'll play around in photoshop some more and try to get my paint effects to show up.

Leximus we will meet up soon im not so sure how i feel dueling it up with my ultra vader so here comes a somewhat more comfortable mhs. What sabers do you guys use?

Thanks for everyones comments/input as always!

I bet he could. But for cost wise you got be on that one. But IMO I think you should get a 5'' connecter with those grooves and a swich hole at the end of it. BTW I for now use my first MHS w/green K2.

You mentioned space constraints, but you can cram a sound board, resistor, 4AAA battery pack, and speaker (give or take, depending on your board) into a space a little smaller than a MHS standard hilt, so I think you'll be okay, considering that a ribbed section and a 3" extension amount to about that much space.

As for the speaker, if you get the TCSS one with the mounting ring, it actually fits in the space between the pommel and whatever part it's attached to, so you won't have to worry about that particular pommel being too small, pretty sure you could put in a screw for a d-ring and not have to worry about it.

Edit: Just re-read the first post and realized you want to put a P4 in there. Not sure on the power requirements on those, you might actually need that extra space?
    Last edited by Flyerfye; 06-25-2008 at 11:09 AM.
    "You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi circuit diagrams by Count Dooku!"