Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saber Staff Battery and Lux III LED Wiring

Default Saber Staff Battery and Lux III LED Wiring

I have a 10.45" long MHS saber staff with a Lux III Green on both ends. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire two Lux III's to one battery pack and/or one switch sucessfully. I asked the question in another posting but I thought I'd be a little more specific on the length and what I'm attempting.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to do what I'm attemping, Even If I have to do two switches?

And if so, how?

If you want a push button switch you are gonna have to go with 2 I believe, but you can pull off one switch with a DPDT (usually a slider) As for running both off of one battery pack, i suppose it could be done but your run times are gonna stink
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Can someone show me a diagram of how this would work?

Here ya go sorry its so rough. This is the simplest setup and by no means the best

Thanks for the help Darth. I'm assuming thats a DPDT switch. I'm going to attempt this later tonight. I have to have someone else do the work, I only have one hand that works.

Thanks Again for the Diagram.
    Last edited by JediKnightBJ; 06-24-2008 at 09:04 AM.

yes that is a DPDT switch hope this helps

what are you driving your LEDs with, resistor ?,buckpuck? ,corbin driver?
    what are you using for battery?

Well thats kinda what I'm asking. What would be the best way to run them. Here's the quick and dirty of it. I'm a one handed guy. I have two hands but one of them can't do anything. I have ordered enough parts to make a one handed, short mind you, dual bladed saber. I would like to run it from one switch. If I can get away with one switch, what parts would i need. The DPDT switches look like the would work if I were going to use one batttery pack and two LED's but I can't figure out what size pack I can use or what to use to drive the LED's. I'm going to be using two 24" Ultra blades. I could even go as far as to use two Lux 1W's instead?

Please forgive my ignorance. I am not a smart man. Please educate me.

Thanks
    JediKnightBJ

You could run this setup off a spst switch. Just attach both wires to the one connection. No need for a double. You'll only need a dpdt if you need to use two completely independent circuits, which this does not require. The way it's wired up in the diagram is the simplest and easiest, but it'll drain your batteries twice as fast (As you'll be powering 2 LEDs instead of 1)

More competent electricians PLEASE PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong on any of this stuff.
    You can power this with 6v (and that's probably safest) running the LEDs like in the diagram. For this, if you use resistors you'll need two 2.2 ohm 5 watt resistors (one for each LED). These are the same ones you'd use for a single Lux3 Green, by the way. Or 2 1000ma buckpucks, one for each LED. And just hook it up like in the diagram. If I'm wrong, it'll probably just be dim/not work, so try not to worry about blowing anything up.

So in summary,
    1 (6v power source (4AAA or 4AA))
    2 (2.2 ohm 5 watt) OR (1000ma buckpuck)
    1 (spst switch)
    2 Lux3 greens
    some wires!

EDIT: I'm at work, so no graphic arts skills for me, but I threw together a diagram with these parts for you, hope it helps! (see attached file)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flyerfye; 06-24-2008 at 01:50 PM.
    "You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi circuit diagrams by Count Dooku!"

You could also just wire the leds in series.....

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.