Thread: Gee... He was just here a minute ago...

Default Gee... He was just here a minute ago...

I just wanted to start a thread where people could say a few words (7 dirty ones, perhaps) about legendary comedian George Carlin. We will miss you, buddy.

I saw George Carlin live a few times in Rochester & Providence, he was a very talented and down to earth person, I used to rewind and replay the 7 dirty words until they were memorized lol
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

This is so sad to me, he was just one of those guys who you thought would always be around. Sadly that's never the case, but few people will leave us with so much to remember them by and I for one will still thoroughly enjoy watching all those old stand ups for a long time to come.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

His outlook and interpretation of every day life and society was one of a kind. Pushed the envelope by analyizing and questioning our moral and social laws/values..

Great entertainer... R.I.P.

Genius. The world is an emptier place without him.

I don't think we should inform the young'uns about the seven words....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I'd rather the young'uns heard the 7 words from Carlin than from anyone else. At least maybe they would learn something about the ridiculousness of censorship in our society. One of Carlin's greatest talents was for taking subjects that people were afraid to talk about and turning them into comedy. The world will miss him now that he can no longer point at the elephant in the room.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Yeah no doubt, what a sad sad day, It's amazing how time flies!! R.I.P. George.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

"I have as much authority as the Pope. Just not as many people that believe it."
    -George Carlin.

RIP dude.

DDD

Hope you're makin' 'em laugh wherever you are... we're missin' ya here
    Neither Jedi nor Sith am I - rather, one who inhabits that twilight realm where good and evil meet but have no fellowship; where light and dark overlap but never touch. A solitary being who never walks alone...