Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Battery Pack + Ribbed Extension

Default Battery Pack + Ribbed Extension

Hi all! I couldn't find a decent answer to this in a search, so I'll try just asking. Which battery packs (rechargeable or just AAA or AA holders) will power a LuxIII AND fit inside the v-grooved rib section? I have a 4AA holder now that doesn't fit inside a male/male connector with batteries in. I also know 4 cells=6v. Does this mean I cannot use any of the rechargeable packs in the store? Do 6v rechargeables exist in that size? I've heard that AAA holders will fit in the ribbed extension but I couldn't find one in the store. Any help is awesome! Thanks.
    Alderaan shot first.

You can use either of these...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/48...ack--P172.aspx

or

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/4A...lder-P133.aspx

Both fit that extension, either can power the LuxIII, and both are available in the online store here.

Hey thanks alot!
    Alderaan shot first.

Force Aware

You can modify the AA pack to fit into the v-groved ribbed section. I'll have to get the pictures later, but if you cut a small section of the plastic in the center where the batteries are separated from each other you can have them sit next to each other. I was able to modify the 6 AA battery pack in the same matter to fit my saber.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=4630&page=3

Quite welcome Phiily

And thanks for sharing the info on that AA setup Ram21. Always good to know of other ways to mod stuff .

did anyone else read that thread title and think of something completely wrong?

Not I and I got the nastyest mind of prolly anyone here.

I use the 4.8V AA rechargable battery pack and I can damn near fit that with my CF(area sans sd card) in teh ribbed section with another mhs section attached, kinda a tight as hell fit so use tiny tiny wires and planning to prevent wirebraking.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Not I and I got the nastyest mind of prolly anyone here.

I use the 4.8V AA rechargable battery pack and I can damn near fit that with my CF(area sans sd card) in teh ribbed section with another mhs section attached, kinda a tight as hell fit so use tiny tiny wires and planning to prevent wirebraking.
    obviously not the first thing I thought of was a modular *******

So the 4.8V 2600mAh AA pack will fit also? I've been thinking about going rechargeable for awhile now. How would I go about installing a Recharge Port? Is the fee for machining a switch hole in the double female sections per hole or per piece? I wanted to get a hole machined for the recharge port directly under the switch hole. And finally, is the NiMH charger sold on here a decent charger? Thanks.
    Last edited by Phiily Manyaan; 06-24-2008 at 03:18 PM.
    Alderaan shot first.

Which luxeon III are you using?

What are you using to bias the current in your Luxeon? Crystal Focus, Corbin Board, Buckpuck, just a resistor?

If you are using a Green/Blue/Cyan Luxeon III then your LED will not be fully bright for the majority of your battery life. 4 cells is only 6v with Alkaline, it's 4.8v with rechargable. The green/blue/cyan luxeon III's require nearly 4v for full brightness. With a fully charged battery only at 4.8v that's not very far above your LED... so your saber will start dimming quickly.

Unless you are using a resistor setup, then it's a good thing to have the battery voltage as close to the LED as possible...
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!