Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Eastern57's "Mongrel" (CF V2.63 w/ V Green)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Still going...

Okay... if anyone still cares. I finished the next set of changes. plus I have some pretty pictures to go with it.

First, I finished... uh, the finish. Sprayed it with three coats of clear coat epoxy. I was comparing pictures, and it DID fade some before the sealant went on. It's not a strong copper anymore, but a better "rusty bucket" now.

The bubble strip turned out not-too-bad... I think I'll keep it as is. I used the metal brush on a dremel and "swept" the inside of the excess cement and crap. It also ended up with a nice frosty look to it.

As I said before, I changed the switches to accomodate the left hand, because the right will be holding it higher up.

And... Lastly... I have some pictures of the Lux V, in all it's glory. sucker's bright.

k, here's the pics:

Full album here:
    http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...ern57/MONGREL/

quik vid of the 3-LED bar graph (on random)

Thank you for keeping up with me this far!

eastern57

Looks better with the color lightened up now in my opinion. It turned out really cool.

Great work, Eastern... I like the rust color--that's kind of what I did to both the "dark" and "light" Flange IIIs, only not as detailed!

Out of curiousity:

how long is the saber?
    battery solution?
    Seems to be an Ultra-style/Gelu blade? If not, what is it...
    Finally, did you ever get what you wanted from your resonance chamber (the right length you wanted?)

Looks nice!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by B5813 View Post
    Looks better with the color lightened up now in my opinion. It turned out really cool.
    Thanks. Now that I think of it... other than the center section, it doesn't really resemble your's and Helmet's all that much... I'm sure it's way longer too (13.5")...

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Great work, Eastern... I like the rust color--that's kind of what I did to both the "dark" and "light" Flange IIIs, only not as detailed!

Out of curiousity:

how long is the saber?
    battery solution?
    Seems to be an Ultra-style/Gelu blade? If not, what is it...
    Finally, did you ever get what you wanted from your resonance chamber (the right length you wanted?)

Looks nice!
    LOL! Dang it, Novastar - you always step in when I'm typing a message

Thanks too. It's 13.5" (pretty long)... The 18650's work beautifully, they're ultrafires, very powerful and easy to work with - they're awesome!

Yes, it's an ultrablade, good eyes!

And the resonance chamber is perfect too. The long body behind it and the holes around the clamp add more body and sound distribution - it's very loud!

People like the Zen sound font in this one - although it seems to scare some...

i think the acient saber font fits this one. it just looks like it would go better with it.
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It did have ancient saber on it, and it fit really well.