Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ignition sound 1

9 33.33%
  • Ignition sound 2

18 66.67%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sound Board In Development

do them both as in separate board for each let your fans customize it I guess IDK I like both but I sway toward 2 yumm
    ...YUP!

IMO I would keep it simple and cheap like the mr boards but better.

I would look into a simple board for the main leds we use, 2 settings in the menu 1a and 1.5a.

Then PWM so you can run a lux III and V on the 1a setting but the 7+ volts wont kill the led thats smaller voltage requirement like the luxIII and that.

Something simple and cheap and works better than an hasbro/MR board for the people that just want a soundboard and nothing to fancy.

I would use an MR board for that but the mr board cant handle 6+ volts so luxV are out the window. I dont wnt an US cause iam not that big of of a fan of the sounds he chose.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

im gonna have to go with 2, its the best sounding ignition ^_^

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

I haven't done the research so take this for what it's worth, but I'm not sure even having a voice menu is necessary, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to situate jumper switches on the board? it would cut out the need for a lot of digital programing for a feature that really isn't all that useful, I'm not saying it's not cool, but if it costs an extra thousand in development to program and all its going to do is rout the current through the proper set of resistors, why not cut out the expensive and complicated bit?

That's a neat idea. Though, with all the years of working with computers, those little jumper switches can be little bastards. Lose one and you're screwed. A simple small switch would be better, and not too expensive to incorporate.

Maverick

I figured the jumper would take less space, I don't think about losing them, I have a shoebox full of them

a dip switch setup like on older mother boards would work other then jumpers, then theres no need to worry about loosing any
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

very true..

I think the focus that keeps being re-itterated here is.. MAKE THEM AFFORDABLE!!

That should be the focus..

There are a ton of COOL things everyone wants.. but again..then price jumps out there..

Harsbro are cheap.. I got 5 for $15 bucks... they provide sound.. thats what we all need!! it just doesnt sound that great... plus running an LED.... bleh.

extra sound banks.. optional ignition/power down sounds...

if it brings the cost up towards $80-100 bucks.. I say forget it.. get what you can of course.. but not at the expense of cost is my opinion..

I think you need to get a nice BASE feature set for as MINIMAL money/production cost as you can.. and then work from there:

1.) 1/1.5 settings for LED (and future LEDS, P7, Endor..etc)
    2.) minimal sounds banks (2-4)
    3.) power up/down
    4.) clash sensor
    5.) swing sensor

optional 'OPTIONS'

accent LED driving
    optional pulse mode(s) for LED

BOTH latching & momentary type boards..

The Plecter Dimmer/Driver is AWESOME.. that with option for future LEDs and added sound of any kind as cheap as it can be would be a STEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    I figured the jumper would take less space, I don't think about losing them, I have a shoebox full of them
    You can also solder the leads together with a tiny wire. If you need to remove it... unsolder. Easy.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I think it's great that a few more people are now looking into supplying light/sound boards, but they all seem to want options, options, options! And that drives the price up. I think there needs to be something that is readily available, sturdy, and cheaper than the super high-end CF boards. I think even $90 would be too much, granted that is 1/2 of a CF board. BUT.........I think availability is a big need (both in quantity, and to those with tighter/smaller budgets). Something along the lines of a sort of custom MR board, but more designed and build to our needs. Does this make sense?
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.