Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ignition sound 1

9 33.33%
  • Ignition sound 2

18 66.67%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sound Board In Development

Malaki, obviously I'm more than happy to help regarding sounds. There is no need to re-invent the wheel, since we already have 20+ sound banks available. So if you end up doing this and use a 1-channel (monophonic) setup... my sound fonts are perfect.

Come to think of it, even if you did a POLY-phonic device... my library of sounds would still work...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Malaki, obviously I'm more than happy to help regarding sounds. There is no need to re-invent the wheel, since we already have 20+ sound banks available. So if you end up doing this and use a 1-channel (monophonic) setup... my sound fonts are perfect.

Come to think of it, even if you did a POLY-phonic device... my library of sounds would still work...
    Thanks Novastar! I do have some sample sounds for our "Darkside" board, Tom is doing the Lightside sound board sounds, so once we get them sorted, I'll give you a bell

Oh, and I have found these guys: http://www.silvtronics.com/index.html

I'm starting up good ol' Express PCB and getting my design sorted, see how much this is gunna cost

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Talking

Good luck on that new board master skywalker and I think we would all buy that board!!

This project has potential. The more sound options we have the better.

Maverick

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

If you guys are interested I contacted a few builders and such that might be able to help you out. shoot me a PM.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Very Best of Luck Malaki and Tom...more sound options are very welcome during the present 'sabersound drought' [especially if you live in Canada so cant buy those cheap US only Radioshack 'clearance' Joe-Jedi's to cannibalize for the boards].

I hope you will also support higher voltage and amperage needs like Kal-Els design does to enable powering not only Endors but the P7 [I think maybe 3 amps as XWing suggests would also support the P7 if i understand the specs on that one correctly?]...the option for higher power sabers with sound would be even more welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    I hope you will also support higher voltage and amperage needs like Kal-Els design does to enable powering not only Endors but the P7 [I think maybe 3 amps as XWing suggests would also support the P7 if i understand the specs on that one correctly?]...the option for higher power sabers with sound would be even more welcome.
    THat is what we are looking at, but like Novastar said, its not really safe, but I'll try get it in there some how

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

It's the heat, not so much the amps that would be of issue.

I can imagine SOMEday sabers needing "heatsinked" driver boards... but... I don't think it's that plausible right NOW.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

In order to make this a board for you guys, we've decided that we are going to let you have a say in what goes on there.

First off, we have the activation sounds for the Jedi board. The poll shall be open for a week as of this posting, so pick your favourite and vote, the most voted sound wins.

Here's the sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWuFAaKDlGo

Vote away.

EDIT: Neither Malaki nor myself have any vote in this.
    Last edited by Tom Starkiller; 06-26-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Thumbs up Voting

I've always been a fan of #2
    Like energy screaming to get out
    Instead of being "Powered up"
    Last edited by Master Dru-Er; 06-26-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    "The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~