Thread: How do I wire Two Lux III's to One Switch

Default How do I wire Two Lux III's to One Switch

Ok, So I'm trying to figure out how to wire one switch for a duel ended saber with two battery packs and two Lux III LEDs. I'm just not sure how to work this all out. I will have two individual sabers but I would like to try and get away with just one Switch. And ideas oh great minds of the forums?

Well, you could use a dpst switch, (or a dpdt) that will let you control two independent circuits with a single switch. Or, if you're using pucks, you could wire it up so both lights are on a single circuit. I should probably let someone more qualified do the circuit diagrams for this, though.

EDIT: Upon further consideration, you could just do this with your LEDs in sequence and some resistors. Probably don't try it until someone figures out the resistance needed, though. What type of battery pack are you using for this? (how many volts)
    Last edited by Flyerfye; 06-20-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    "You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi circuit diagrams by Count Dooku!"

I'm using two seperate battery packs, both are the 4xAAA battery packs. This will go into a staff saber. Is there anyway to do this on a single push buttton on/off switch or do I have to have a Dpst switch?

If you dont use a double pole switch to keep each circuit seperate you will fry your leds with the combined voltage of both packs on the same circuit unless you resistor it properly

If you are going to have this staff convert to 2 sabers there is no good way

If its only going to be a staff, the best way is to run both LED's off a buckpuck and hook both battery packs to it (12v) then you can use a spst switch.