Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What all is included in the MHS kit?

Default What all is included in the MHS kit?

I got this off the MHS kit item page:

LED Modular Hilt System starter kit includes:Hilt style 1
    Pommel style 1
    LED/Blade holder style 1
    2.2ohm Resistor
    Luxeon III 3w
    10 degree Lens and holder
    Switch03
    4AAA battery holder
    Blade not included

What about the heatsink, screws, and blade holder screw?

Oh, and keep in mind, when I get this info, I'll put in my order ASAP. So the faster someone can answer, the faster Tim gets richer... []

Nightwing
    The emitter on the MHS is the heatsink so that is covered. You may want to add thermal compound between the LED and heatsink but as I understand it is not a requirement. The basic MHS kit does not need any screws to assemble it other than a thumb screw for the blade which I believe does not come with the kit. If you are adding your own custom work to the MHS then you may need screws but since it is custom I cant realy advise you on what kind you need.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

What about the heatsink - part of the blade/led holder
    screws - for mounting the led? comes with it
    blade holder screw - not included do to choices.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Ah... now I see. The Blade Holder comes in two parts... Cool, thanks. I'll get to work on ordering immediately.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, look at the cut-away view in the wiring/diagram forum. The heatsink portion is sandwiched between the main portion of the blade holder and the main modular piece. So until it's tightened all the way it's "floating" meaning the wires won't twist inside. Pretty sweet, right?[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Yeah. So if I get the MHS hilt kit, I just need to get the quick connect wire, not the entire kit?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, you could get the quick connect wire if you wanted to be able to pull the LED away from the electronics instead of taking all of it out at once. It might prove to be a convenience later but it's not a must need thing, like your saber can't be built without it sort of part.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

It might prove to be a convenience later but it's not a must need thing, like your saber can't be built without it sort of part.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Oh yeah, I just want it that way so I can get different colors (like Blue, Green, and Red) later. I don't wanna have to be stuck with a Royal Blue blade all the time (though it does look the best []).

then that would be a good option then.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Looking at the cut-away and the tutorial and am a little confused about one point. Is there something that will hold the led mount in place once the blade holder is screwed in aside from the wiring underneath? Is there a lip or something it rests on once put into the hilt? Am planning on attempting my first project pretty soon and that's one (of the many) things that I am not too sure about at this time. Thank you in advance for the help.