Thread: Preferred MR sound hookup?

Default Preferred MR sound hookup?

Quick survey for people using the MR soundboard. Do you perfer driving the LED directly from the batteries or do you run the LED through the board itself like a MR conversion? Anyone had any problems either way?

havent done a conversion yet but i have one and ordered the parts for it. i would run it off the board, the tutorial shows this type hookup, and it would have the proper resistoring already in place. you bypass to batteries and you will have to slam a resistor in there and theres no room as it is. very tight.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Seems very straight forward and clean cut to just hook it up to the board - particularly for beginners

Less talk, more action........

no problems either way. using the board on the higher lumen luxes is fine but blue; I give it the max it can handle bypassing the board. they seem louder this way but i don't have a decible meter to know just how much.

tetmatek, you might try your local stereo shop if you wanted to test it. Most of them are run by geeks of another passion, but would be willing to test that type of thing for you, just for the chance to see another geeks project. Give them a call in advance, as some of them may not have the equipment