Thread: suggest switch placement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default suggest switch placement

Okies... I designed this saber a while ago. Much work still to be done, but Don got the major stuff done for me.

Before I send to to be anodized a brass color I want to figure out my switches. Now I'm not loaded with time right now and I figure it'd be interesting to feed it to the crowd.

It will hold a CF card. So I need two switches... I want them to be minimal. If your idea is some BMF anti-vandal switch don't say it, I will beat you for it.

For reference the slots in all the copper are so that I can loosen some screws and the cooper will slide to reveal set screws. The heatsink I set about the placement it will be in the hilt. As I just said the copper will be hiding all the set screws that hold it together. It will look rather seamless when done.

My best idea is to get a set of tactiles and mount them in the groove of one side (they're matching on either side) sort of like an Ani AOTC. I'm not sold on that... so give me your thoughts. If you can think of something somewhat easy to install you get bonus points. Tactiles would need a backing. I'm going all out so gluing junk isn't what I'm going to do.

Last edited by xwingband; 06-16-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: picture hosting sucks...
    RED LEADER Standing by!