Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Historic find on Geonosis

Default Historic find on Geonosis

The Historical Council of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances recovered a Jedi light saber from the site of a former gaming arena on the planet Geonosis. Passed on through vague oral history, this arena was known to be the place of the first battle between the droid and clone armies in the year 22 B.B.Y. Several historical preservationists were sent to this area to conduct an archaeological survey in order to validate significant historical events which were erased from written history during the height of the Empire’s reign during the period of the galactic civil war.
    The weapon found was not able to be immediately identified to its former user; however, the design closely resembles a known model built by the Saber Smith Darkhelmet. It is our hope that after thorough examination of the crystal structure we will be able to discover the identity of the Jedi knight who constructed this weapon and retire it into The Hall of Valor in his/her honor.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Beautiful! I love it!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

MEMORANDUM FOR GA HISTORICAL COUNCIL

RE: Recent Archeoligical Activity on Geonosis

This is a most important find indeed! I extend my warmest and proudest
    congratulations to the members involved in this most unprecendented find.
    For there to be actual, physical artifacts still in existance in such an
    environment as Geonosis - is nothing short of astounding! I applaud
    your dedication and diligence in seeking out this wonderous treasure, and I
    challenge you to further this endeavor to it's absolute limits!

Congratulations again to you, the Historical Council of the Galactic Federation
    of Free Alliances - our continued interest in this issue rest directly in the
    perpetuation of this faux.

Chief of State
    eastern57

T alk about a comleat 540 on that hilt
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

...m... I though more people would jump onboard and play along.

Anyway it's a great saber - so great in fact that I plan to make one also... I love the design and I sincerely hope you and Dark Helmet don't bum-rush me for ripping you both off...

Not me. I built this one almost completely the way DH did except for the emitter choice. I had been meaning to weather it for a while and when I finally did it turned out as you see it. It was strange. I buried it in dry, fine dirt and then poured a bit of aluminum black into the dirt. It made the dirt stick to the aluminum as if it had been buried for a hundred years.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Can you tell us a little something about this saber? What kind of electronics does it have? LED? Anything special that sets it apart - other than it's appearance? How long did it take to make? Details, hombre, details...

What you see is what it has. No electronics... it's empty. I was going to get it going but I've got two other sabers going... one is a Graflex that I'm paying alot of attention to. The other is housing a crystal chamber. I simply liked the visual effects of making it look like it had been buried for a while.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hey, it still works beautifully as a display piece especially the third picture.

and, of course, more appropriate as an artifact if it doesn't light up.

That's my thought. Once I started trying to scrub down dirt fixed on to the hilt it started to really show nicely.... the weathering I'd done before burying it came through. It still has dirt which seems permanently fixed to the metal too. It's a hell of a look since I didn't think aluminum would be susceptible to much real weathering even if it were very old.