Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luke ROTJ 2003 Blade Replacement?

Default Luke ROTJ 2003 Blade Replacement?

Well I havent seen anyone make one yet but I'm curious since my blade actually snapped from its hilt side. Can anyone give a disassembly tutorial on a 2003 ROTJ? I've seen one for the 2005 edition but not the 2003 version. From what I know I need a thin walled Polycarbonate tube and the ability take apart the hilt itself in which I don't know how to do.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The 2003 edition takes apart the same way I believe. There are only minor differences between the two hilts.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Hmm, I just wanted to make sure because it happens to be that there are plenty of 2005 tutorials and no 2003 tutorials that I have found yet. But if it is similar then it should make things a wee bit more easier.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Yeah, there aren't any '03 tutorials. That saber is so old that no one bothers converting it. Being EL also makes it waaay harder to convert.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I'm not planning to convert it, since I heard its pretty hard to do and nobody's willing to try anyhow. I just need a replacement blade for it because the old one broke. It seemed to have broken off quite easily though.

Do you mean that it is the polycarbonate tube itself that broke, or was it something inside the blade?

Yes, the tube itself broke, which is weird because all it took was a 3 foot drop to make the tube and the hilt separate. Its a long story and currently I'm trying to figure out people who are willing to help me repair it since this is my first saber and I'm not confident enough to fix it myself.

ask xwingband, but he is busy on alot saber projects including my 2 sabers,which are 2 luke esb.
    The marking of a Sith

Hello, i notice yours conversation. I have similar (maybe same) problem. I ordered Luke FX ROTJ 2003, but if came / I was suprised / blade was broken! So, I had a question. Is here somebody, who can fix it, or replace blade for this saber???

Thank you!!!

the funny thing is, mine's broken in the same EXACT place.

ive kinda figured out so far that the hilt isnt so hard to disassemble, the 2005 tutorial should suffice. blades arent expensive, this is the type to go for from the guys here at TCSS

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/1-...ong--P151.aspx

but so far my only gripe is how to get the EL fixture out so i can slap on a new blade. is there any correct way to take the EL tube out without damaging it? or just tug on it till it comes out which sounds pretty ill advised. its kinda stuck the inside of the broken blade.

Maul has done a great job showing how to take it apart here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=2479&page=5

the only thing i need to know is how to get the EL tube out without damaging it.