Thread: Offically a new TCSS customer...FINALLY

Cool Offically a new TCSS customer...FINALLY

Well I've finally become a customer of Tim's. Earlier today I placed an order that, I hope, will allow me to finish the Mag-lite hilt I started last summer.

Basically it is a 2-D cell Mag-lite that used to be black. I took my power drill and a paint remover wheel to, which produced a blackish-aluminum color. I replaced the broken switch with a new Mag-lite switch - I like the look of the rubber dust cap. After painstakingly sanding the threads of the old light housing, I was able to put a Graflex projector lens on as an emitter.

For the electronics, a MR Anakin Soundboard, and I was able to utilize the battery/speaker pack. Ordered a Lux III elec. kit with an Amber LED. I'm hoping the blade holder style 1 will fit inside the Mag-lite and stick out the emitter a little.

I'll post pictures once I've finished, hopefully not too long from now.

Congratulations! I'm in the same boat, just placed an order, waiting for it to arrive. It's exciting, isn't it?

And I love your design, sounds awesome. Can't wait to see pics!

Id be interested in seeing/hearing more about your button stuff..

a maglite rubber dust boot, low profile button may be just want I need after all..

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    Id be interested in seeing/hearing more about your button stuff..

a maglite rubber dust boot, low profile button may be just want I need after all..
    All I did was take apart the standard switch that comes with the Mag-lite and soldered the switch wires from the soundboard to it. After electrical taping the wires and switch housing I shoved everything back in the Mag-lite and tightened the switch in place.