Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can I send my parts in to be Powder coated???

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Has to be able to withstand 400 degress
    Aluminum Trooper Armor * insert evil grin * that would be interesting thing to play with.

Would make good general armor ( those found in the cartoon series, but not full trooper armor )
    Purple Fourteen, ummn yeah where did I leave the keys to this freighter again ?
    Tos, So many drunken adventures.
    http://www.steampunkodyssey.com << fun project
    Alpine Garrison 501st Detachment

What if I want to powdercoat the entire saber in one color. Can the whole saber be counted as one piece?
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Nope..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    What if I want to powdercoat the entire saber in one color. Can the whole saber be counted as one piece?
    Only if you dont ever want to unscrew the sections again, as they will be baked as one piece if you only want one charge...

For example, pommel insert and pommel being the same colour are 2 PC orders, but if you dont want them to ever come apart again, then just the 1...

Besides, if you are already willing to PC your saber, why not spend the extra... Turns a good saber into a great one...

I recently purchased a custom saber from my resident prop maker. He did a great job re-creating an old hardware saber I was fond of. The original grips were simple electrical tape, and the emitter shroud was grey PVC. I wanted him to simulate those with the new version, so he just used auto primer and paint on aluminum. Still, we both knew that would eventually wear off. Would it be possible to have duplicate pieces made, and send them in for powder coating? They're pretty simple pieces, so I don't think there would be any difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcfalath View Post
    Only if you dont ever want to unscrew the sections again, as they will be baked as one piece if you only want one charge...

For example, pommel insert and pommel being the same colour are 2 PC orders, but if you dont want them to ever come apart again, then just the 1...

Besides, if you are already willing to PC your saber, why not spend the extra... Turns a good saber into a great one...
    I was actually stupid enough to do this once. I thought I would save myself the trouble of masking the threads by screwing together pieces that were not intended to be screwed together in the final hilt. I thought I could just run a razor along the seam and unscrew them. No such luck. I had to completely strip the PC and do the pieces over again separately.
    There's always a bigger fish.