Thread: RED-RED vs. RED-ORANGE

Default RED-RED vs. RED-ORANGE

I'd like to hear opinions about Red-Red vs Red-Orange 3W LED. I just got in a MR DarthVader Saber with a crushed blade and I've got to order one of Tim's LED's and conversion kits to replace the blade on this unit. Somewhere I saw in one of the threads where someone liked the Red-Orange better but I don't recall why? What are the groups thoughts on these two colors?

Thanks,
    Tiberius

I have one of each color and when the vader kit comes in I will test both of them to see which one I like best. I will try and post some pictures also.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Red-Red for a movie saber red and Red-Orange to get the same color as the vader fx, Both colors are brighter than stock FX

Is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by The Plague

Red-Red for a movie saber red and Red-Orange to get the same color as the vader fx, Both colors are brighter than stock FX

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Plague,

Please don't get frustrated with me, but I don't know the difference between the MR FX red and movie red. And I don't have the movies handy. Could you elaborate, please? Thanks, in advance.

To me frustration is anger and that is the path to the dark side.
    anyway movie red is a darker-true red and an fx red is lighter, pinkish or a dark red orange. hope this helps.[]

I can see this is going to be a hard decision. Maybe I'll just have to do one of each. []

Seriously though, I think I'm leaning toward the Red-Orange. It seems to just be a little more unique and the slight color shift is interesting.

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Yes. Good. Calm, yes. Through the Force, things you will see.

The red orange is also brighter

as we all know, the red led is more movie in color but i have a red/orange in mine and with tims diffuser in the blade it comes out red, now with corbins film in there it shows a bit more orangy in color. but red/orange is the brightest.

its just a matter of the diffuser. tims gives it more red and corbins lets a lil of the orange thru.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...