Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New member little help please...

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Smile

Thats sound Malaki, also do the blade holders come with a grub or thumb screw to hold the blade or do you have to buy one seperate and drill and tap the hole?
    Once I know that think I am about ready to make my first basic LED Saber...Whooooo!!! LOL

Judge

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeKane View Post
    Thats sound Malaki, also do the blade holders come with a grub or thumb screw to hold the blade or do you have to buy one seperate and drill and tap the hole?
    Once I know that think I am about ready to make my first basic LED Saber...Whooooo!!! LOL

Judge
    You have to buy a thumb/set screw, however, Tim does offer a drill and tap service in the store

Hope this helps

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Perfect yeh thats a big help, just need to order the bits now....this is what i'm thinking of:-
    Judge Blade 1 render.JPG

Cool

I like, short but sweet, what electronics you going to use?

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Lightbulb

Yeh thought I would make it simple for my first one, got a few more renders now, but will be this one first.

I was planning on using the "Build Your Own Luxeon III Electronics Kit" at the mo'.

Is the Luxeon K2 Electronics Kit any better/brighter?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudgeKane; 06-08-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling and forgot pics lol

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeKane View Post
    Is the Luxeon K2 Electronics Kit any better/brighter?
    Yep, the K2 is commonly used, nice and bright depending on what diffuser you use. I would recommend a Buck puck OR Driver board

But your designs are sweet!
    Last edited by Malaki Skywalker; 06-08-2008 at 12:39 PM.

I don't know...

As a newbie, I was looking through the MHS parts in the store, and on some parts, I wasn't easily able to tell which parts were male/female threaded without looking very carefully at the pictures of the parts. This may be what's causing all the "will these work together" threads, as well as the fact that it doesn't really say whether or not the blade holders have holes/taps pre-drilled or not. For those of us who hang around on the forums, this info is either already known or easily accessible, but for someone new, it'd be nice to have that sort of useful information listed in the parts descriptions, or something similar. Sure, they can find it with some digging, but it'd save a lot of trouble if just a line or two was added to some of the store descriptions.

You need to ask Stryder to do that for you and I would suggest e-mailing him. He is the owner of the store and probably the one that enters descriptions.

Thanks. It was mostly just an idea/suggestion, was hoping it might find it's way to him in a roundabout manner, if anyone else thought it was a good idea.

Sorry for further hijacking your thread, JudgeKane.

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Talking

Lol no probs Flyerfye, I know what your saying about the threads, oh and does anyone have the renders of the new parts that have been put on the site?
    the new blade holders are cool and have screwed up my planned designs lol i want those ones now lol