Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is addicted?

Default Who is addicted?

Ok, I just wired my first lightsaber together.
    Just wondering is anyone else like Addicted to just looking at the website? At all the parts.
    I am making two lightsabers and Can't wait to post them.

I just need to understand a couple more things about the batteries then I would feel really comfortable with what I am doing.

And also want to thank everyone that helped me on my way.
    -The force is my ally.

Yes addiction is the word for it for sure.

I've been hassleing my friends to order parts because I know they don't know how to do wiring and most don't have to tools to work with metal so that means i get to do it all. Just sucks when you have to watch the saber go home with them after I put so much work into it, but it's still worth it.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Yes addiction is the word for it for sure.

I've been hassleing my friends to order parts because I know they don't know how to do wiring and most don't have to tools to work with metal so that means i get to do it all. Just sucks when you have to watch the saber go home with them after I put so much work into it, but it's still worth it.
    Your a awesome addict then man. You can make it mold it into you lightsaber.. then... you pass it off watch it with its new owner.. man that must be hard.

After soldering and desoldering 20 times til i finally got it right!!!!
    Wow was I happy, though im going to take it out the Saber and re do it this time with Heatshrink tubing hehe. So its more professional. I forgot to put it on before soldering wires together.

But yea, I look it over and over planning what to buy next. And what not. Im going to be drilling soon for my blade holding screw. hehe
    -The force is my ally.

Portsmouth... The real Portsmouth in the UK :D.

Yes and no.

I don't spend all day looking over the site, trying to visualise how the different parts could be arranged... I use the MHS Builder files and make them in Paint Shop Pro . I've got about 20 designs lined up already, but I doubt that more than two or three of them ever become reality.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have a cup of tea and a nice chat"

(Well what did you expect? I am English after all )

Pretty much have been looking at this site since I learned about it about 3 months ago. Just placed my first order today, and that's just for the hilt components, no electronics or blade yet. Have about 10 designs finished in SolidWorks.

So, I guess I'm addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jak'Kan-Ur View Post

Wow was I happy, though im going to take it out the Saber and re do it this time with Heatshrink tubing hehe. So its more professional. I forgot to put it on before soldering wires together.

But yea, I look it over and over planning what to buy next. And what not. Im going to be drilling soon for my blade holding screw. hehe
    LOL I did that the first 2 sabers I wired. Trust me you want that heatshrink on there if you plan on dueling. Electrical tape fails and it fails fast when dueling.

Get some pics up here man can't wait to see!

LOL I did that the first 2 sabers I wired. Trust me you want that heatshrink on there if you plan on dueling. Electrical tape fails and it fails fast when dueling.

Get some pics up here man can't wait to see!
    Awesome thanks, i will be dueling with my girlfriend that is why Im making two.
    Then shortly after that we are designing our outifts. Her being more Sith and I more Jedi.
    hehe. Maybe we will make a small film. or something with them hehe.
    -The force is my ally.

That would be awesome! I totally plan on making a vid with My wife and daughter trying to take down me as the Sith Lord. I'm just worried that I'm gonna look stupid cause my daughter is small and quick! I fear for the twins downstairs if you catch my meaning

That would be awesome! I totally plan on making a vid with My wife and daughter trying to take down me as the Sith Lord. I'm just worried that I'm gonna look stupid cause my daughter is small and quick! I fear for the twins downstairs if you catch my meaning

Yea, when she comes in with a swinging fest your gonna be holding something and mister Sith lord will fall quickly eh? hehe
    that is awesome that you involve your daughter and what not.
    I have two MR's and me and her are starting to practice. I'm teaching her things and like planning out the attacks. But if we just free form she is swinging for the fences like doesn't even try to mimic what we do when its all PLanned. She is hilarious hehe.
    -The force is my ally.

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

addiction is a good word.

I was looking at my recent orders on the TCSS check out page and I was adding everything up that I have bought... yowza.

sabers are cool. Im not real great at building them, but im getting there. Each time I finish something I want to make another to improve on it...

yeh, addiction is the best word for it.

DDD