Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fencing

Default Fencing

I've been taking an intro level fencing course lately. I think it would be fun to try fencing with lightsabers... I mean, same rules etc. It's crazy how the techniqe allows you to open and close distance so fast.

Has anyone tried this? I would but I have no one to play with.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

I've been thinking of trying the same thing, but I don't nearly have the bravery to do it and be made fun of by my wife.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will.

I fence, it totally kicks ass. I don't see how you can build a lightsaber then worry about being made fun of for fencing.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Do what I did...

I convinced my wife to join fencing class with me - as "something we can do together..."

Worked!

Plus, my wife rocks.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

lol i kinda dont like fencing []

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

I wanna learn Kendo...

Fencing sounds cool, though.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I fence, it totally kicks ass. I don't see how you can build a lightsaber then worry about being made fun of for fencing.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> I agree took a formal class for 3 months last year and it totally rocks!!!!!
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I wanna learn Kendo...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Me Too and have been looking locally since I play with Shanai with my Ren Faire group and already have had some practice with it.[]

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

I took fencing for about 6-8 months, and it was very cool. Great workout, improved reaction skills... lots of bruises...

I still have all my gear, so maybe I'll start doing it again. I just got lazy for a while.

As for lightsaber fencing... I dunno, guys. Getting poked with a foil hurts enough. I don't even want to imagine the pain of getting rammed in the chest with a polycarbonate rod.

i don't have the bravery to fench at all.

We had a kid at my high school last year get killed.

He got thrust into the chest and the tip broke off and then cuase it was a thrust it went into his chest.

I knew the kid that did it. He can't even watch sword fighting movies anymore, like troy or lord of the rings.

just a bad deal, i had wanted to start fenching, but my future wife would have none of it, can't really say i blame her

Matt: I've heard that from a couple other people. I feel bad for the kids, both of them...

Perosnally, I've always wanted to learn Kendo. I have a book on it, but lack anyone to do it with me (encoragement, etc). For now, I'll stick with freestyle. :P