Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CF sound board.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cade View Post
    I honestly wish it would work that way, least you'd be guaranteed one. Or how about posting a time and date when they will be released so we can camp out on his doorstep. This hit or miss, checking his site 40 times a day system is getting old.
    He did that... pretty sure twice... told us a day and a time... and it made things a little worse for the man.
    first time they sold out in less than a minute... second time... same thing...

lets look at the waiting list idea, personally, I think the list would be insanely long and the wait time would be longer. and you are still not "guaranteed" a board that way. Especially not a time frame, I mean look his boards just got pushed back to September rather than July, not counting the extra time to fabricate them...

I was looking at the CF 3.0 auction & the thing went for a whopping $421.00! As NOVASTAR would say.... DAMN!!! I guess if you don't have a choice, you gotta pay to get the product. Just goes to show how good Erv's products are. I'm glad he still keeps prices reasonable with all the work involved in making the CF boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    it has been stated a million times...

JOIN HIS MAILING LIST.

and that will let you:

I just got an email today as a matter of fact telling me about the stock on Voice Core for blasters being in stock. (NO CF"s until September now)

go to ebay and over pay if you need one.. its about $230 right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    To echo and verify some of what TimeRender said... this is PRECISELY why I myself have stayed totally *OUT* of buying CF boards after v3.

I even sold both of my v1.2s in 2007... I also sold a v2.63 to a gent in the U.K. a while back in late 2007...

And look at THAT! Time! I did most of the above in 2007!!! It's important to note that... although time FLIES... Erv's product really isn't all THAT old. In other words, it's not like this "CF flurry" has been going on for an entire year... it's really only become quite nuts in RECENT months. I ought to know, I posted a video about CF flyin' out the door the first time it happened, and also the 2nd time it happened.

Erv is also ONE guy (just like *I* am one guy). He should no better have the ability to whip out 2000 CF... any more than I could do THREE Balance of Power shows in a year. When you are doing EVERYTHING... the wheels of progress turn even more slowly than what the fast-paced, impatient, "standard" american/whomever will accept or bear.

So I hate to say anything as dramatic as BOO HYPHEN HOO, but... Boo-hoo.

In the meantime, I don't know... buy the CF Sound Compendium, prepare your sound fonts? Watch the staged combat tutorial? Be grateful and forgiving and understanding to DIY designers who are *NOT* equal to a giant corporation like Sony or Apple or Western Digital or whatever?

the craziness is happening because everybody has seen either one in person or on youtube what these boards can do thus they all want one because let's face it this board rocks I'm lucky to even have the ones I've had. A 2.61 that I got when you could probably gone to the store on a daily basis and see maybe a few in stock. Then the 4.0 which my friend pay 365.00 on an ebay auction and then gave to me cause he lost a bet. Anywho with the limited supplies and freak releaase dates and the frenzy yeah...byebye way too fast.
    ...YUP!

Default Another CF V3.1 on EBAY

Just wanted to inform anyone looking for a CF board. Someone has listed a V3.1 on EBAY for sale again. Item number 280236457149. The madness starts again! I'm glad I got my CF board when it was not so popular. I would go nuts trying to get my hands on one now.

Selling for $160 now with 5 days left on that auction Right now, it's a good price.

I'll be putting my friends CF 3.1 based luxeon saber on Ebay probably within the week. I'm adding the features to it right now.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Too bad it will probably go for over twice that amount.

When Erv puts out the next batch, I want to put one in my other saber, but I'll probably just do an MR for now.

I still have my v3 CF in the package Erv sent it in, I dont want to gut my already assembled sabers to add it... I want to create a new saber specifically for it I just haven't found the time yet. Running your own business is so freakin time consuming! I think that when Nova's CD arrives at my house I will have an excuse to start on a new saber though. I wont be able to resist. Especially after seeing Arm's new saber staff. I wont do a saber staff with a CF (would need 2 I think) but it definitely got me wanting to go back to the drawing board.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."