Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CF sound board.

I have an account with him and I’m signed up for General News Letters and Global Product Notifications….I just have never received anything. I just checked again and all looks good on my account over there.

I like the idea of the pre-orders and I’m going to contact Erv to see why my notifications are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    Ohh jeez... I can sort of stand the I wish he did it _____ way" posts, but that's just what he does/did. He posted here that he'd be going to the newsletter notification about the exact times. It's even on the front page of his site to subscribe.

Part of me died reading your post.

While I don’t appreciate your quick judgment and the “ohh jeez” attitude, I certainly didn’t mean to have part of you die!

I hope whatever it is grows back and makes you a little more durable.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And I don't appreciate people complaining about not getting one and clearly being ignorant of how to get one.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that something wasn't setup right, but plenty of people managed it before the newsletter. I only ever see a handful of videos not from the same core of people so those boards are getting bought by someone someway!
    RED LEADER Standing by!

What is your problem, xwing.

How is my so called “complaining” any of your business in the first place?

While I might have posted my opinion on a public forum, I certainly didn’t personally ask for your help or criticism. You could have read my post and just moved on seeing others have already answered it. But instead you choose to inform everyone of your disgust at my ignorance.

Well, it’s true…I am ignorant. I’m new here and just learning the ropes. I try to read all the posts and keep informed as best as I can. I don’t expect special treatment, but a little patience and courtesy could go a long way.

For someone of your stature around here, you really need to set a better example.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't get YOUR problem... eat your crow and get bent back in shape.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Logan, while I'm not sure whether or not it is still official, Xwing does still act as the de facto moderator of this forum. This forum gets bogged down quite a bit by redundant threads, either in the form of questions that have already been answered many times or in the form of senseless complaining and general impatience. It is still very much his business, as it is the business of everyone who reads this forum, to try to reduce unnecessary and unproductive posts. Whether or not you see it this way, complaining about the way Erv does business when his rules and procedures have been clearly listed and discussed is not beneficial to anyone here. Xwing just gets frustrated having to deal with the same issues time after time.

Now perhaps I can try to help you understand why Erv is reluctant to create pre-order lists. First of all, the cost of producing these boards changes from time to time. If he accepted pre-orders, he would likely have to agree to a set price, and if the cost of components increased he would lose some of his profit. Secondly, Erv is always creating new versions of his boards, and this would not be possible if he had to commit in advance to creating a large number of his most current version. Third, this is not Erv's primary source of income. He has a job and a family and a life outside of making CFCs for us. By taking pre-orders he would be committing himself to deadlines and quotas that he may not be able to meet. Finally, if he accepted pre-orders, there is a high probability that a small handful of people would commit to buying out his entire stock, either for use in their own personal sabers or to resell on Ebay for a profit. This would hurt his business in two ways. First, it would give a small group of unscrupulous individuals a way to profit off of his hard work. Secondly, it would make it much harder for new customers to purchase his products. Without new customers and new business, the interest and popularity surrounding his product will fade. By announcing the release of new batches via the newsletter and then selling on a first come first serve basis, he guarantees that a mix of first time and repeat customers will be satisfied, thereby maintaining a healthy level of interest.

I understand and agree with what you are saying, TimeRender.

But in my defense, all I did was express a wish and a suggestion.

The fact that everyone has heard it a million times and some member’s frustration levels are non-existent doesn’t justify the response I got.

I hope to get this cleared up by emailing Erv and finding out why my notifications aren’t working.

Thanks for your time and explanation.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Check your spam filters. Erv got caught in mine the first time, until I set it to let him through.

To echo and verify some of what TimeRender said... this is PRECISELY why I myself have stayed totally *OUT* of buying CF boards after v3.

I even sold both of my v1.2s in 2007... I also sold a v2.63 to a gent in the U.K. a while back in late 2007...

And look at THAT! Time! I did most of the above in 2007!!! It's important to note that... although time FLIES... Erv's product really isn't all THAT old. In other words, it's not like this "CF flurry" has been going on for an entire year... it's really only become quite nuts in RECENT months. I ought to know, I posted a video about CF flyin' out the door the first time it happened, and also the 2nd time it happened.

Erv is also ONE guy (just like *I* am one guy). He should no better have the ability to whip out 2000 CF... any more than I could do THREE Balance of Power shows in a year. When you are doing EVERYTHING... the wheels of progress turn even more slowly than what the fast-paced, impatient, "standard" american/whomever will accept or bear.

So I hate to say anything as dramatic as BOO HYPHEN HOO, but... Boo-hoo.

In the meantime, I don't know... buy the CF Sound Compendium, prepare your sound fonts? Watch the staged combat tutorial? Be grateful and forgiving and understanding to DIY designers who are *NOT* equal to a giant corporation like Sony or Apple or Western Digital or whatever?
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Thanks for chiming in, Novastar. Your post was both helpful and informative.

Why any of you feel my comments were an attack on Erv is beyond me. I admire your loyalty but as a small business owner myself, I truly understand the slow workings of a one-man operation.

Earlier in this thread someone made a comment about “take a number and get in line”.
    I thought that was a good idea and commented as such. I also offered a suggestion, not knowing that something similar was already implemented having not received any news letters to date and received some negative responses to it which I couldn’t understand why.

I see now that most of you were only coming to the defense of a friend. I can respect that but I assure you that was not my intention.

No worries man, it's easy to miss details sometimes and post a question that has been answered elsewhere. I have done it myself and eaten some crow many times. I have come to enjoy the dusty feathered taste of the common black crow actually.

I am fixing up that Crystal Focus 3.1 & MHS component luxeon saber for my friend now. I'll be selling it on Ebay with a set of quick change LED's and a CD with saber files in the near future when I get it all ready. Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by mentioning that here. Xwing? Is there a set of forum rules I need to be aware of for this?

Perhaps I'll be eating crow soon? /shrug.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!