Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Update

Default Update

Hey Stryder i got my parts i ordered and i had problems trying to create the blade it would be nice if you updated the images of your tutorial i had a argument with my father who work tools i was using to build it (he is a broadcast engineer and has worked in repairing electronics for 20 years). Since he thought it was a normal wire that somehowed glowed he told me i was wrong and tring to find the image on theforce.net and finally had to go to coolneon to find what i was looking for

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

which pictures gave you trouble?

it would be nice to get a magnafied view of the almost invisable fragile wires i got it working but only after consulting the elwire website. Also could you sell your polyE already straightened in your kits dont own a heat gun to straighten mine maybe add a dollar or something to the cost would save alot of hassle

I will get better pictures of this if I can. My camera doesnt do very good close up. Sorry, but I dont plan on offering straightening as a service. Eventually I do plan on stocking some straight polye though.

Tim

[]any idea when the straight polyE might be available?

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

When I can afford to have $2000 worth of polye sitting in my shop =)

Tim

Hey, pardon my ignorance... but how would I straighten that tubing?

"You're father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but you're uncle wouldn't allow it..." -Obi Wan Kenobi

I put it on a metal rod and then heat it with a heat gun

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I've got a question on the EL wire, too. How much do I need to buy? Because if it runs up and down the tubing, then I need double the length of the tube. How many times do you reccomend going up and down. I was just thinking up once and down once. And by the way, I was looking at a four foot long blade.

I got mine to go 4 times up and down.