Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Site Suggestion

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I am more than willing to take anything you all have to offer. I dont want to start using admins because if I dont keep up on these boards then I risk losing sight of what you all want. If you have suggestions on how to better set up the site or forums. Or of you want to create tutorials etc..etc.. I will consider everyones ideas but dont take it the wrong way if I dont feel it fits.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

I dont want to start using admins because if I dont keep up on these boards then I risk losing sight of what you all want.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

im not sure what you mean by that tim. all we were sayin is let someone write a prg. send it to you, and you install it. you control it, noone else.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Soemone had mentioned mods..But yes if someone wanted to help code a page like that I would be open to using it. The main problem is getting the pics to layout correctly when doing it like I had before where it would show the completed saber as you chose items. I can do it..it just takes a lot of time.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

You could just show the separate parts of it; it doesn't have to be all together. Just so people can get the general idea of what they're buying.

that would work nightwing. how bout something like his idea, tim.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Hmmmm...not a bad idea. Can you guys talk it over and see how you would want it to work?

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

So are we talking a list of parts for basic saber, basic w/sound, basic corbin, corbin w/sound, etc??? or something even simpler like a materials list added to the tutorials?

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

So are we talking a list of parts for basic saber, basic w/sound, basic corbin, corbin w/sound, etc??? or something even simpler like a materials list added to the tutorials?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Well, it would have to be something like "if you want these things on your saber, you'll need these parts".

Maybe something like this:
    A list of item names, with one of those little "poll-style" check-circle things next to all the available options. Additionally, the item names would be hyperlinks opening a new window to the item page. It'd start sorta like this:

Type:
    <u>LED</u> (picture here, along with a brief explanation)
    <u>EL</u> (picture here, along with a brief explanation)

From there, you go to another page, where you select all the available options. Let's say we're dealing with LED for right now.

Blade Color:
    o <u>Blue</u>
    o <u>Royal Blue</u>
    o <u>Cyan</u>
    o <u>White</u>
    o <u>Red</u>
    o <u>Red-Orange</u>
    o <u>Green</u>

You get the idea. There'd be a list like this for every available option.

Of course, having an item list in the tutorials would be VERY nice as well. This would just make shopping easier for the casual saber-builder, or one who doesn't have any knowledge of electronics.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Okay, see what you mean. It's almost like a tree directory structure for a tutorial.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Okay, see what you mean. It's almost like a tree directory structure for a tutorial.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Um, yeah.

It's basically a tree structure, yes. At then end it compiles a list of all the CSS parts you need, and gives you a link to a tutorial.

So... Does it sound doable?