Thread: pipster79 / general HELP!!!

Default pipster79 / general HELP!!!

Pipster hasn't been in for months. I'm looking for graflex-friendly (3-cell/ anakin-luke) solution for a resonance chamber. Preferably I'd like to see pics and pipster's pics pre-date the overhaul of the forum (Jan 200 so I assume that is why I can't see them. I dug the coupling idea but my local Home Depot is inadequate at best - especially since I can't see what I should be doing with the coupling. Does anyone have a contact for pipster79 (other than PM) or have any sort of picture-documented idea of the best way to achieve a decent resonance chamber in a graflex 3-cell? X-Wing, I'd love to hear/see your thoughts.

On a seperate thought, I'm looking for grip ideas outside the T-track/TCSS offered grips. I find them clumsy and uncomfortable (even on MR). I've considered baseball bat grip, tennis racket grip, and golf club grip (I'm still intrigued even though generally the thickness increases towards the end of the grip for golf club grips). I plan to use contact cement to bond it as it has always provided reliable adhesion in all other applications. Ray skin has caught my attention but it's not carried in the store and I'm generally reluctant to seek out alternate vendors through this site (Oh yeah. THAT was thoroughly subtle). Grip help? Please?

What I'm trying to achieve is a graflex hilt with a slightly unique spin. I never liked that Anakin's final lightsaber bore no resemblence to his master's. What I'm going for is the basic Anakin/Luke ANH hilt with nods to the former masters as well as a unique touch. I plan to use a Kenobi circuit plate (txf studios) on the graflex with a green blade to complete the padewan/master lineage back to Qui-Gonn. What I'm looking for is new ideas for the grips. I almost nailed it with Rawlings leather baeball bat grip material. Almost.

The grip material is what has derailed me in this project. I'd LOVE some ideas.

************************************************** ****************************
    This post was edited by the poster because certain information contained was not verified to be accurate.
    ************************************************** ****************************
    Last edited by DarthFender; 06-02-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Cool. Didn't get in touch with him/her, but I did find some pics there that helped.

Thanks.