Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Comm

Oh also found the stuff to mount my back pack on the armor from lowes (kind of a combo from some threads on CT.net

I figure stack 3 pieces of scrap ABS on the inside of the pack and mount the wall hangers on that, a little velcro on the bottom and viola the pack will stay in place.
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Looks really good, nice work. Quick question....Ummmm...Ehhh....What's with the half naked dudes in leather banana hammocks? (Page #2)

Sorry had to ask..

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Navel View Post
    Looks really good, nice work. Quick question....Ummmm...Ehhh....What's with the half naked dudes in leather banana hammocks? (Page #2)

Sorry had to ask..
    I believe thats a part from Meet the Spartans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Preston View Post
    I believe thats a part from Meet the Spartans.
    Yes it is Meet the Spartans, got so bored watching it started working on my armor, lol
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Ok so I have been dreading this but I decided to put the handles on the pack tonight.

Said to glue them on first then Drill a guide hole and insert the provided screws, 2 for each side of each handle for a total of 8 screws.

The Glue I used

Lined them up and glued in place

That was easy enough, lol
    Ok now the part I was not looking forward to, the drilling.

Marked my holes (hoping they are in a good place) and put a piece of tape on my drill as a depth guide.

As I drilled this liquid goo came out (I think it was uncured resin but do not have experience with resin to be sure)

Anyway what I did not want to happen happened, I split the handle

and again

So now I am pissed but you know what live and learn I sanded them down till the split was no longer bubbled and applied bondo. Will have to see how it turns out tomorrow.

Leave it to the Sev of the group to rush head long into it without thinking of the ramifications

awesome recovery!!

looks great so far. keep it up

Not alot of work this weekend but at least the handles look much better

And I got myself the cola of choice for the Republic Commandos

Ok so I am playing with paints. Thanks to a garrison mates suggestion I think I am going to go with this.

It is Citadel Red Gore.

It is a little darker than it appears in the pictures, the flash flooded it out and without the flash it was not much better, what do you think?

paint looks awesome bud. even w/ the flash it looks like it should. Very bloody looking

Getting the pack ready to put together

A lot of clamps

Not sure if I want to put small pieces in the corners or not

I think it would help with making it seamless if I do.