Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Comm

Nice... Can't wait to see it finished!

"The Force is my ally. And a powerful ally it is."

been working on getting the bucket smooth for the past 2 days bondo, sanding, more bondo, more sanding, primer, more sanding, more bondo, lol anyway here is some pics.

Still have a day or two of clean up before I can think about moving on.
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Ok Unless I decide to cut the vents out, the helmet is ready for paint.

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

That looks great! Awesome job!

Superb, I love it!
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

ooooooo thats pretty.
    Cant wait to see the lid painted

Ok I figured I would cut some of the armor that needed pieces taken out.

First the backpack, the directions call for a 4X4 hole in the back to get at the electronics, mine ended up being a little bigger but thats cool as it all still lines up.

The front on the pack it said to just cut out the 2 pieces for the windows I
    went to the inside of the inside of the line to try and make the graphics line up right.

Then it called for the middle of the shoulders to be cut out so that the resin pieces showed through (looks right to me)

Test fit

Ok now it is down to smoothing the edges to make them fit right.

Still working away a little at a time, smoothing out all the edges and prepping the plastic for paint at the moment (long and tedious) could probably skip a few steps of sanding but I like how the edges are turning out. Here is a shot of my current mess

Ok kinda in a holding pattern for now until Delta all meets up so I am still cleaning up armor for the most part. I did cut the top vents on the helmet (not gonna cut the bottom ones) but I have some more cleaning to do not the vents (when I sanded the inside of the vents I rounded the corners)

I also heated the thighs and got them to fit my leg (KEEP THE HEAT MOVING)

Wrap it

and cool it

Makes a difference (mine done on the inside My son's not done on the outside)

That is as far as I am on the armor, so far.