Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question on what Batteries.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

I use the Rayovac batteries in my digital volt meter, sabers, flashlights and everything else battery powered. They will out last the Duracell in a digital camera by a big margin. The problem with batteries such as lithium cells is they are a higher voltage 1.7 volts compared to 1.5 volts for the regular cells. lithium cells will also have a higher current capacity and a higher current rating. When used in some devices the lithium cells can cause damage because of the large current surge when a device is powered up, most devices are just not designed for this. My wife uses lithium cells in her digital camera and they last a long time. I just changed the set I put in at Christmas the other day and she has taken about 400 pictures on one set of batteries.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have heard this too, but the AA lithiums I have are rated at 1.5V. I HAVE heard that the Oxy-whatever batteries that do operate at 1.7V are bad for sabers like you said because of the extra kick they give at the start.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I think MC is talking about the commercial grade alkalines as opposed to the classic heavy duty battery. Yes you are correct that they are for low draw, 24/7 use however I can't recommend them for smoke detectors. The "industrial" Duracells, Energizers and the like are exactly like the retail version the HUGE DIFFERENCE is that all alkaline batteries are charged and shipped out and they sit and sit and sit...and of course as you all know the older they get the less life they have regardless of use or not. The industrial ones are run in smaller numbers and dated closer so that you are getting batteries that maybe a month old instead of 6-8 months old. When I was a proud owner of a small alarm system company I got the sales pitch when I was shopping for batteries from a few places that's how I found all this out.

Yup,
    That's what I meant.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

I have it on good authority (from the regional sales manager) that the cheapest place to buy Energizer batteries (in the New England area at least) is The Home Depot.

Just thought you’d want to know.

I’ll post up if I find out this changes.

Edit: BTW, I noticed a BIG diffirence when I switched from Energizer industrial batt's to the E2's.
    The later would only last a couple of days, and I'm going on 3 weeks with the E2's AND it's brighter and louder.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Meesa still happy with Sam's Club mega pack cheap-cheap.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

I just bought some NiMH rechargeables from Radio Shack with solder tabs already attached. I couldn't find a batter holder that would fit in my hilt, so I'm going to try and make my own...[]

Anyone else try something like this? I would appreciate any advice.

You can solder the tabs of the batteries together to make a battery pack just watch the polarity on the batteries as you connect them, and then use heat shrink tubing or a subsitute to hold the batteries together. You could have gotten a completed battery pack from Tim []

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

The Brotherhood of the Sith

once again, if I had know how much of a b**** putting this thing together, I'd have bought the kit.

Now that he's going to have the Obi-Wan style emitter, definitely buying that for the next one.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you are having trouble getting the batteries to stay and all that, I'd suggest electrical tape. That stuff will stretch! Wrap the cells vertically then wrap them horizontal. Then heatshrink.[]

I had to do that when I was having trouble fitting normal batteries so I made packs out of the 123 size lithiums.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Nobody uses 3v lithium? They would save on tons of space and be lighter.

Melek

There is no light or dark...there is only the Force....knowing this...who dares to challenge me?