Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question on what Batteries.

Default Question on what Batteries.

I've been told that to 2 best batteries to use for most any LED Saber are the Duracell Ultra or the Energizer e2.

Which one is better to use ? I've heard the e2 because it has an on-board battery checker to see if it's dead or not, and this is handy because you're supposed to change the batteries before they get too low and damage the electronics or something to that effect, I dunno.

All I know is that the Duracell Ultra's are less than half the cost of Energizer e2's. Any input would be welcome and I hope this is the right forum ...

I haven't used the E2's but the Ultras are alright. I am a firm believer in the mega packs that are sold at Sam's Club, BJ's and the like. 48 AA batteries for like $7 gives you a lot of bang for your buck.

I agree with james3. I've tried both with varying results. I prefer the E2 because I don't trust Duracell's quality. Honestly though, I now buy the 24 packs of standard Energizer batteries for these since rechargeables only put out 1.2v instead of 1.5, which would be better for me overall.

If you're going to go top shelf with the batteries, I'd take the E2 any day.

the e2 batteries are the best i have ever used in anything i try them in: remote controlled cars, gameboys, flashlights...the list goes on. they are great batteries.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

The best bang for the buck I have found is the Rayovac Maxium Plus, the price is good, about half that of Duracell and they out perform them.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

ive always had good performance out of the duracells myself. but they a high in price. i will have to look into those E2's tho. and compare price and performance. i too, with all these battery operated things i have for the vader suit, buy the large 24+ size packs. shoot, right now in my setup, i have 5, 9 volt, 8 AA and 4 AAA in the led vader saber. alot of batteries. and i'll have to changem out every day when i go to the convention this year.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Hmm.

I wasn't expecting Rayovac to be brought into this, but I went out and bought a couple 8-packs of the e2's. They work as well as can be expected.

Thank you all for your time, and please, don't stop now [|)]

By far the best batteries I've used are heavy duty batteries... Most of the top brands make them (Duracell, Energizer, Panasonic), but I've only seen them available at professional outfitters like electronic supply stores etc. They are usually only available to corperations and such.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

I slipped some Energizer E2s into my Luke ESB (previously using Rayovacs), and I only noticed a marginal improvement in blade spotting and sound loudness. But it is an improvement.

I also read somewhere that Heavy Duty batteries aren't good for use with sabers, since they are designed for low voltage draw and/or constant 24/7 draw (in devices such as smoke detectors, clocks, TV remote controls, etc). Can anyone confirm this?

I use the Rayovac batteries in my digital volt meter, sabers, flashlights and everything else battery powered. They will out last the Duracell in a digital camera by a big margin. The problem with batteries such as lithium cells is they are a higher voltage 1.7 volts compared to 1.5 volts for the regular cells. lithium cells will also have a higher current capacity and a higher current rating. When used in some devices the lithium cells can cause damage because of the large current surge when a device is powered up, most devices are just not designed for this. My wife uses lithium cells in her digital camera and they last a long time. I just changed the set I put in at Christmas the other day and she has taken about 400 pictures on one set of batteries.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...