Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So whats the advantages of a Seoul P4?

I just got the filters from TCSS in the mail, I guess I was using Plecter Labs filters before. The purple filter from TCSS was much lighter in color, allowing more light to pass. So the purple color is not as deep, but it's much brighter and still purple enough for me.

So... in short I like the Seoul P4 + TCSS purple filter.

Red Lux III/Green Lux V/Blue Lux V still pwn it though.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    I even tried the reverse polarity
    Huh, that used to ALWAYS work for Geordi. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Starkiller View Post
    Huh, that used to ALWAYS work for Geordi. xD

Star Trek?

anyways.. the P4's I got were JUNK.. and its taking forever to even make contact to get new ones shipped.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Here are the pictures I promised last week. Sorry it took so long. It's been a busy time.

These are all plastic filters cut from stuff I found. The yellow and amber were circles cut from ski goggles. The red was cut from the package my Hasbro Vader came in. I don't remember what the blue plastic came from, but it was similar stuff. All of the pictures were taken with the same camera settings.

I didn't bother showing what one amber filter looked like. It was kind of a sickly peach color.

The 1 red filter makes a decent pink, and it's pretty bright, though not as bright as the yellow. 2 reds were dismal. My Lux I red in my PVC saber is way brighter.

Purple was pointless with these filters. It was a nice color, but you could hardly see it. With another filter it might be better. I'll take some pictures with Tim's filters and post them.

I have a P4 and a pack of filters from the shop, I am going to agree that yellow is about the only impressive color. Purple is the most obvious and popular reason to try a white + filter but I was not even slightly impressed. The other colors (aside from yellow) can all be achieved with single color LED's and I guess I just like the color saturation of those better than the option of changing colors at will (second reason to want to try white + filters). Personally, the quick disconnects that Tim offers achieve the swapping option and work just fine for me. I will say that if you like yellow or just a white blade, P4 is awesome.

EDIT: Those are some nice comparison pics Obi-Dar. You're right, the purple is really nice and rich, its just a shame that it isn't brighter
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Thanks guys. I'm planning on using a green lux. V.

if your dissapointed with the p4+filter then you prolly havent even tryed a luxIII with filters.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I have to agree yellow is the best filtered colour and I also quite like the TEAL filter disc from TCSS too...I have to admit the light pink disc is also a nice colour but i'm a guy so not in MY saber lol...maybe the one I make for my sister...

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

Im using a P4 with three of the filters from TCSS... you can get some really awesome colors by mixing and matching more than on disc... I got a really great orange, some interesting blues, and all kinds of stuff... some of course make the blade more dull, and others suprisingly dont block too much light and make for some cool colors. Experiment til you find something you like...

DDD

lee filters are the best filters one can get so get them and be less dissapointed with the look.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics