Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help - MR Sound wiring = I'm stumped

Default Help - MR Sound wiring = I'm stumped

OK I have done a couple of DIY's from ULTRA but I am definitely a newbie. I gutted a Yoda sabers soundboard and am trying to install it into my new MHS. Here is the problem:
    I have wired the negative from the LED to the bundle of wires. I have wired the positive to the outside two wires. Now when I attach the battery pack the LED automatically comes on. The on/off switch is wired to the two ON/OFF wires from the soundboard and when turned on the sound comes on and intensify the LED's brightness.

Anybody have any words of help as to why the LED is on all the time and how to correct (ie to enable to LED to corresponde to the ON OFF switch)?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Habbena; 05-18-2008 at 07:05 PM.

What kind of switch are you using? I may be wrong, if I am I'm sure someone will correct me...,but I think you need a latching DPDT switch...or at least a latching..

The one you have there..Is that a momentary??

No its not momentary, this is the switch that comes with the LED LuxIII Kit so I believe it is latching.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Make sure you don't have a solder bridge between the two switch leads where they connect to the sound board. Other than that I can't think of anything...
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Habbena, I've had this problem before, only mine was a 616 (joe jedi). Same thing: LED stayed on all the time, and the switch only turned on/off the sound.

I can assure you that your problem has nothing to do with your wiring. I still don't know what causes this problem, but it's the actual board. I would guess an onboard switch was damaged, because the sound works, the LED is connected properly, they just don't work together... it's not you, it's the board.

I still haven't been able to fix mine... sorry, it happens...
    Last edited by eastern57; 05-18-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks for the help. I am probably just going to ditch this soundboard if its the board and start afresh with another one.

Thanks again!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habbena View Post
    Thanks for the help. I am probably just going to ditch this soundboard if its the board and start afresh with another one.

Thanks again!
    No, don't throw it away. If the sound still works, you can still use it. Lots of people use these boards just for the sound. just get a resistor or puck and DPDT switch, and follow the diagram that works for you...

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=4866

Habbena,

I dont see a clash sensor in the pic, IDK but it could have something to do with your problem.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

dang it fender - you sparked something in my head... Habbena, we might be able to figure this out, gimme some time.

Glad to oblige.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!