Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Amber Lux III

I just finished my LUX 3 amber and its quite bright not as bright as my luke skywaker conversion or my darth maul conversion but brighter than the MR build your own lightsaber kit conversion but im not using the blade from TCSS im using the ultra fx blade from ultrasabers.
    "The crystal is the heart of the blade.
    The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
    The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart.
    All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
    You are one."

Now take that same saber, switch it over to Luxeon III red or Luxeon III red/orange and power on. You'll be blown away, I promise. (assuming you are driving that luxeon III around 1.2 to 1.5 amps...)
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

I'm worried about chiming in here, but... .... (JUMPS INTO THE FIRE!!!)

An Amber Luxeon III should be driven at about 1500ma to get the "full" experience out of it.

An Amber Luxeon K2 should be driven at about 700ma (or 1000ma to over-drive a bit) to get the full experience.

I have:

* Amber K2 + FX driver (@900ma) + "gelu-style" film or whatever + 32" to 34" blade, looks dandy bright

* Amber Lux III + Corbin driver (@1000ma) + "gelu-style" film + 32" to 34" blade, looks darn bright, although not QUITE as nice as the above--which makes sense. But... still VERY hard to tell.

* Some other Amber Lux III that is direct-driven (similar blade stuff as above) and although it's being run/driven well with the current (around 1500ma)... the COLOR BIN is sort of jacked up I'd guess. So... it's not GREAT... but... it's not ARSE!

Now... I don't know about the optics. They are either 5 deg or 10 deg, could be a mixture. I don't know... and don't really care--good enough is good enough.

Anyhow, the moral of this story boils down to:

1. Driver (are you giving "correct" current?)
    2. Diffuser (gelu/ultra-film vs. a corbin film is going to look different)
    3. LED BIN... very important. I mean ONE of those ambers above looks a bit more orange (yum!!)... but another is definitely amber. I don't have any "yellow-ish" ambers... kind of a bummer, heheh

Alright. Take care... and PLEASE... have *FUN* with your L-sabers!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide