Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ebay LED socket for Graflex

Default Ebay LED socket for Graflex

As seen here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Has anyone been able to use either of these 2 in an LED setup. The auctions are just to vague to see if they would work or how they would work.

Im much more interested in the first auction as it says it can be used for a LED, but fail to see how the LED would mount to it?

LanceM

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The ETA on Tim's Graflex holders are 3 weeks so I wouldn't bother messing with the graflexshops holders. Corbin is working with them to make a 1" holder so they have better ones on the way but with Tim on the problem all you need to do is wait.[8D]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Probably less than 3 weeks.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

yeah the TGS holders are only 3/4 inch holes. whether its el or led. cuz they designed theyre own led, which has 64 or so leds on a strip,(sound familiar? MR!!) and its 3/4 to fit their holder.

theyre holder is great if all you want to use it for is just el. i have one and you cant tell the difference in it and real.
    but for 1 inch we have to wait for a graflex core piece that works with 1 inch led blades. unless tim can whip one up first, my moneys on tim. he he he,

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

The design is done and they are in process of being made.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

who, hoooo. they did getem done huh? cool. i had talked to corbin back a few months ago and he told me about this lil deal. but made me promise not to say anything yet. the last time i asked around the first of the year, he hadnt got the design final yet. havent asked since then. thats cool tho, im glad they did it. i'll have to get one for that luke led then i guess. i cant remember what you said the price for that holder was. i thought it was around the same as the vader convert holder.

The graflex shop piece is really nice but it was designed for an el setup. I have one that I was going to convert to led use with a 3/4 inch blade but I haven't had the time to do it. I was planing to use Tims led holder from his quick change kit to mount the led and then attach the led assebmly to the bottom of the blade socket. If I get a chance to mock it up I will post some pictures.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

I am talking about <font color="red">MY</font id="red"> kit not Corbins. That second link that was posted are actually sockets that I had made. On the outside they will look like those and on the inside will be my standard 1" blade holder/led holder.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i actually have one guys. i tried it with the led conversion with my graflex, but i was only able to use a 3/4 blade. It works great though, but im thinking of replacing it with tim's because the 3/4 doesn't cut it for me.

hurrah for tim, you is da man, dude!!!