Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Recharge port, 616 and you

polarity does not matter, if you are soldering a remote switch on the pins of the other switch you are just overriding the switch on the board.
    Its all in the switch, Ive tryed several types and some work every time, it has to do with the action of the switch, the push on / push off works the best (just like the one soldered on the board) but it is hard to find a switch that is DPDT and looks good on a saber.

Ok, I realized that the no power down sound problem has nothing to do with the switch. I think it has somthing to do with the board and the pucks sharing the positive lead from the battery and switching the pucks on and off thru that positive lead.

try and stay with me...

If I seperate the 2 circuts, the board powers up and down with no problem off 1 side of the DPDT switch so I know its not the switch.

as soon as I add the positive from the pucks via the switch to the other positives i lose the powerdown sound.

did that make any sense to any one?

Im going to try an put the switch on the negitive lead from the pucks and see if that makes a difference.

yes i was thinking the same thing Arm On Fire. i basiclly have wired my saber exactly the same as yours (just 1 buckpuck tho)after working it out for myself i saw yours and used your wireing diagram as a doublecheck , along with a few other diagrams i have seen that are the same except the switch being on the negative side, for some reason my brain told me it was better 'working practise' to put the switch on the positive. *shrug*
    and my saber is a bitch to take apart, be nice to figure this out before i pull it apart.

Dark Navel what side did you wire your switch into?
    anyone else wired the switch in the negative side and still get this prob??

My dual 700 puck/ joe jedi card saber is sporadic. It has the power down sound 85% of the time. If you have any luck with this, let me know Arm
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

I wired my board EXACTLY like Arm's. I even connected it to the same connectors that he did on the 616 board.

Quote Originally Posted by strengthofrage View Post
    My dual 700 puck/ joe jedi card saber is sporadic. It has the power down sound 85% of the time. If you have any luck with this, let me know Arm
    STR of RRRRrrr, that sounds like a possible problematic capacitor...

* When you switch off an MR, it is a HARD CUT... that is--as far as I know it is NOT an electronic switch (to a point)... it's a hard line to the power--for the mostpart...
    * Somehow (but not 100% sure how) when the power IS indeed cut by the on/off switch--a signal is made to play the "final" poweroff sound.
    * In order to do this, there *MUST* be some energy SOMEWHERE on that MR--enough to play the sound--stored SOMEwhere...
    * This is the job of a capacitor, which generally is there to "soak up the sun" and hang onto it until it's commanded to release it.

So... my guess is--the Cap is allowed to dump its juice into a circuit that plays the final sound when the power is hard cut.

IF the cap is failing... weird... loose... or otherwise being a general pain in the butt... the off sound may not play.

I know that I'm on the right track here, as... if you BYPASS the switch leads and DIRECTLY tap a line into + to "act" as a switch... you will get the ON sound... but *NOT* the off sound. It will simply "go dead".

It's pretty confusing, and I have to be honest... ... ... overall.... ? ... ... I don't get it.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Nova, I dont think it is anything faulty, when wired on its own the board functions fine, I can turn it on and off all day long and it dosent miss a beat. as soon as I hook in the positive line from the pucks Is when it works sporaticly. Im thinking that when you turn the pucks off it is back feeding power to the board somehowe and that is what is interupting that powerdown sequence.

and you have the buck puck's ref/ctl lines soldered to the power switch on the 616? Perhaps that's where the capacitor is draining to.

nope, Im not using the ctl/ref wires at all, Ive got it wired just like the diagram on my fury saber,2 pucks and 616 board running off a DPDT slider.

savyas, have you had the same issue with the powerdown sounds? do you think it matters which side of the puck the switch goes (+ or -)

Oh, right--the buckpucks! I missed that, sorry.

I *HAVE* heard that some people have had weird issues with the way pucks work when and if combining with an MR...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide