Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: To owners of more than one L.E.D. sabers

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Lan, there aren't enough pics of the filters for you in the colors forum? or do mean the combos? I think they'd be powerfully weak in terms of brightness but I might be suprised.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

yeah, shots of the combo colors using more than one filter to get other shades.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Madcow,

Your green blade looks awsome. Your tip looks lit up as well. Did you put a mirror in there? Or some other material?

Less talk, more action........

Lan,one of the better green colors i came up with was the bluegreen with yellow, it filtered into the nicest green with all of the blade configurations i have yet tried

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by supertrogdor

Lan,one of the better green colors i came up with was the bluegreen with yellow, it filtered into the nicest green with all of the blade configurations i have yet tried

Trog,

You might've already mentioned...how did it compare to using a green LED? My first completely custom saber will probably be green (of course, I've said that before). Thanks, in advance.

Yeah,
    I did put a 1/2 " mirror in there. But first I scraped off the grey stuff so that it became semi-transparent. Then I used my dremmel to carve out a dome inside the acrylic tip. It gives it a rounded look. It took some experimenting to get it right before I glued it. But I'm happy with the result.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Yeah? This morning I actually thought of sanding that stuff off to do the same thing. Thanks for that, I'll give it a go - I got 5 mirrors and 5 acrylic tips incase I stuffed them up!

Less talk, more action........

I used a large exacto knife and scraped the stuff off. It's like baked on or something!

And DEFINTELY use safety glasses. I had to pick a peice of that crap outta my eye.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font color="navy"></font id="navy">I have several different colors that I've made for myself or my friends.
    A few I like and a few don't like.
    I love the amber. It's like having a solar flare in a tube.
    Next would be the Red/Orange, Green and Cyan...
    Then there's white. I don't care much for the color filters.
    Red and Blue is ok to me.
    The Royal Blue in my opinion sucks. I don't know why..
    Maybe cause I blinded myself and now have yellow spots in my vision.
    I was smoothing out the inside of a blade holder and hit the switch..

The color filters seem to look better on Padawan Sabers blade length of about 24-28 inches. I don't know why.. Made two for my friends kids..

Out of real life and pictures I'd say the Red/Orange has the most difference. In the picture it looks like fire but in person it's red with a slight bit of orange to it especially toward the base of the blade.

Female Twi'leks are so Hot! I want one. =0)~

Noob,

All your comments help out, especially what you said about the red-orange clears up a lot for me, because all I've seen are the pictures. Everyone was calling it red when it looked like a red-orange flame to me. It sounds like you have a lot of firsthand experience, too. Thanks, a lot.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by supertrogdor

Trog,

You might've already mentioned...how did it compare to using a green LED? My first completely custom saber will probably be green (of course, I've said that before). Thanks, in advance.

the white LED saber is my first and only to date, so i am sorry to say i don't know, but it looks as though NooB1Kenobi cleared up what you were after, perhaps in the future when i make a few more sabers i will have better advice for those of you on the forum