Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: To owners of more than one L.E.D. sabers

oh yeah, the camera makes them look far brighter, look at the pic i posted in pics section of my vader heiland with the red/orange led. that sucker on camera looks like a comet streaking. but in reality, it is still bright and it lights up a small room with a reddish glow

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I think it also depends on how you make your blade. While I have not personally tried Tim's diffuser, though I plan to get one on my next order, I found distinct differences with different methods of blade construction. You also must consider that personal preference does play a role in evaluation. I tried several methods discussed within the forums, and some were rather dissapointing in my opinion, but that is half the fun of this kind of project. Trying stuff out to see what works best for your personal preference. So take humble and biased opinions with a grain of salt, and try what you think makes the most sense to you once gaining as much information as possible.
    With that disclaimer my humble and biased opinions say that frosting the tube with a multifereous trammel worth of inner diffusing/reflecting/refracting methods proved less than desirable. I did not like the shrink wrap found at michaels craft store in any variety of buffed, abraised, or sanded, in a variety of lengths from the entire roll to just a couple feet.
    The best option i have YET found is similar to Gelu's method, however I went to a florist shop and they gave me 4 yards of clear celophane for one Dollar. Notice the emphasis on YET as i have several other things to try still. I don't claim, by any means, to be the best, or professional, or any of the like at building sabers, but I firmly believe in doing what works best for you. You can take that a step further in a life lesson and apply it to far more that light sabers if you so desire, but that is a discussion for another day
    cheers

Thanks, to all. I will continue to check this thread. It's good to hear that the green ones come out nice, because I think that that may be my first saber color. Thanks, again.

all i have read says the green is a better wavelength of light that the eye picks up on more easily. that usually why a green seems brighter to most.

I like the royal blue the most! I have the white lux and the royal blue. I'm hoping to get some quick disconnect kits to have cyan, red, and green too![]

as far as what colors i like best, i have a white lux with the color disks, and i have found mixing 2-3 of the disks has provided some really smashing colors. I like the yellow~amber hues much better than i initially anticipated, but through combinations of the color disks i have found some rather smashing blues greens and purples

trog, can you post some pics of your white with the different filters. i had thought of goin with a white once, but havent yet, cuz i just like that 190 lumens R/O too much. and the 140 Red

i have got a blue for the the graflex luke esb. you can definately tell the difference in brightness in the blue and R/O lux. blue is still darn bright tho.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Lan, there aren't enough pics of the filters for you in the colors forum? or do mean the combos? I think they'd be powerfully weak in terms of brightness but I might be suprised.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

all i have read says the green is a better wavelength of light that the eye picks up on more easily. that usually why a green seems brighter to most.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, I was watching a tech show about night vision and they mentioned that that's why they chose green for the display on nightvision systems because it's the color the human eye most readily picks up on at night. Pretty cool.

Lan, i posted a comparison shot here
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...54&whichpage=2
    it has several colors that i liked with the best blade options i have yet tried

i might also add, that most of the colors i really liked in person did not come out as clean in the pics i took, i am still working on the best way to work with shooting pictures of lightsabers
    i have a 4megapixel digital camera, and a digital camcorder that will take still shots, but i have not been able to really do justice to how good it looks, when i figure out how to best represent them ill post a few more pics