Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: To owners of more than one L.E.D. sabers

Default To owners of more than one L.E.D. sabers

I was wondering if any of you guys who own multiple led sabers have a favorite color. Especially, did any of you originally think you would like one color, say blue or red and, after making multiple sabers found out that you actually liked a different color the best like pink or whatever. Or did any of you go from liking a color to absolutely loving it once you made you saber. I guess, technically this would also include people with one saber and the color discs. I just feel that the opinion of people who put in the time/money for a few of these sabers carries more weight, maybe. The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting ready to dump whatever it takes into making the baddest saber I can, and I find that some of the non-traditional colors that are even considered heresy by some look awesome. Especially, I noticed the amber ones (which look like a golden yellow to me) and the red-orange ones just look wicked. And I'd prefer to go with colored leds to the discs...I think. So, I'm trying to make up my mind. Thanks, in advance.

I have blue, amber, and red orange led sabers. To me the blue was dissapointing and the ambee was orange. but the red-orange came out beautifuly.
    hope this helps[]

Is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?

I've used white, red/orange, blue, green, royal blue and red (All Luxeon stars). So far the most impressive have been the reds, and royal blue. I wil tell you that the colour LED's are far beter than white through a colour filter. I've also noticed that sometimes 2 of the same colour have subtle differences. I have 2 green LED's and one is definitely more lime.

Good Luck,
    MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

so far, i have a vader red/orange, a lukes blue, and a great saber red. i havent had a chance to see what the red looks like as that saber isnt finished yet. as far as brightness goes, that red/orange vader is way bright.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

yes to Lan and madcow you listen.

You know in the LED blade pics and general pics of peoples LED blades, they look extremely bright and VERY impressive. I was wondering how much the camera embelishes the brightness and look of the blade as I have never actually seen one. Are they still that impressive in person?

Less talk, more action........

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

WAY more impressive.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

The camera can certainly make them look better.

I have only a one watt Luxeon in this saber, and the pic looks fantastic. Less impressive in real life though. I will be upgrading to a 3 watt.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

yes the camera does embelish the saber, they are brighter than fx though.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Protein5000

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

WAY more impressive.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

EXCELLENT!! I didn't want to be let down after seeing all those pics but it doesn't sound like I will be!

Less talk, more action........<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Less talk, more action........