Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MR FX Sound Boards

Default MR FX Sound Boards

I recall back when Tim had the Luke ROTJ sound boards in stock, the product detail was accompanied by a photo of it that diagrammed the wiring. Is that photo anywhere in the Forums? I've been looking for it on and off for days.

It's in the Cutaway Views and Wiring Schematics under the topic "MR FX Sound Modules""

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=1023

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default Buckpusck positioning

Here's my question about wiring the MR soundboard - where would the buckpuck go in that diagram? I'm assuming between the pos and neg to LED and the LED. Would that be correct?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You wouldn't need a buck puck. People use pucks and resistors if they're going run an LED separate from the sound board... and mostly with the joe jedi boards (FX-constructicon kit), because its really weak for driving LEDs.

Thanks for the input! I'm actually debating now whether to run the LED off the board vs separately. I'm not sure if there is a benefit to either over the other. I know I'd love to run a Lux V (although I'd have to upgrade my electronics, and I think even if I run the LED separately, it might fry a MR board), but my saber screams for a red LED, and no one makes a Lux V yet...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

if you want red or red/orange - they're PLENTY bright, even if you run it off an mr it's still PLENTY bright.

This is just a lux3 r/o run off an MR board (under driven)... no blade film just the stock MR difuser...

There isn't a red lux V because there is no need for one...the red, red/o, and amber Lux III's put out 140, 190 and 110 lumens when properly driven.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

So what do you think, is there any plus or minus to running the LED from the MR sound card versus a separate line? Seems to me to be 6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

way less wireing if you run them off the mr board. I remember when my bro used a corbin board for the led and mr for sound, that was a wireing nightmare. If you want it simple just run it off the mr.

BLUE 3- Ready