Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recharging Protected Ultrafire cells inside hilt?

Default Recharging Protected Ultrafire cells inside hilt?

I know this is probably a very silly question... but...

Is there any reason why I can't perminately wire (just leave inside a battery holder in the hilt) a few Pre-Protected Ultrafires together and add a Recharge Port as you would with a LithIon Power Pack and recharge the whole lot? (with the proper Smart Charger for LithIons... right?)

I can't find anyplace to get PCBs for making battery packs and to be honest... I'm a bit scared to even try.

But I'm designed a great saber and managed to get everything inside the hilt.... BUT it's a real pain to open and close.

-Blair

That should work just fine.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I knwo a couple people here have put regular rechargable nimhs in a 4AAA pack and wired in a recharge port and havent had any problems.

But what I would do is every month and a half so switch them out with fresh batteries.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, not a problem at all. You could solder them together too if you know/learn to.

batteryspace sells the PCB's.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    Yeah, not a problem at all. You could solder them together too if you know/learn to.

batteryspace sells the PCB's.
    Yeah... this is part of the problem... I have a batch of 100 14500 Protected Ultrafire sitting beside me. and Batteryspace is a pain in the neck for UK people to order from due to shipping costs.

Thanks people.

-Blair

I hope the figure 100 is an exaggeration?
    CybKnight -
    For honor in gaming and beyond

More than likly not.

I am right to assume 14500 is the same physical size as AA batteries?
    CybKnight -
    For honor in gaming and beyond

yes, 18650s are the larger versions and cant fit side by side in mhs hilts, the 14500 is the size of liions that tim uses for his liion packs IIRC so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by CybKnight View Post
    I hope the figure 100 is an exaggeration?
    No exaggeration. I placed a nice bulk order for 100. Ended up costing me only $1.50 each... and with the current exchange rate to the £....

-Blair