Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber injuries

Well it wasn't a lighsaber but I was using PVC for a sword. Me and my little brother (three years old) fight with PVC, hasbro sabers, ect. I think I learned my lesson sunday night. Just a few moments after I decided to stop and my mom was telling him not to throw it whoch he has a knack for doing. Anyways, I'll have a nice moon shaped scar later. It wasn't a realy big gash but I could spread the cut a little and see meat.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Wow, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

A few years ago, I got my first MR saber, which was the AotC Mace Windu. Swinging it around in my parents' living room was my first priority, of course. And, like you'd expect, within about 5 minutes I broke a large (about a foot in diameter) glass light cover on the ceiling, as well as the light inside it. Although none of it cut me directly, I was barefoot on a hardwood floor surrounded by (and completely covered with) tiny glass shards (a LOT of which were what could be called glass DUST). It was a total "oh ****" moment when I suddenly realized if I moved my feet at all I'd get cut up like Bruce Willis in Die Hard. And when I moved any other part of me, I could feel the glass settling into my clothing and my hair, slowly gathering in creases, ready to just embed itself into my skin if I moved too much. In the end I escaped with just a few minor cuts and scratches from getting out of that mess (and having to clean it up.) After that I was restricted to using things like that OUTSIDE. Brilliant. My Mace Windu still rattles when you swing it due to the glass shards still inside the handle and blade.

Along with that, there are of course the few minor injuries sustained in spinning/dueling. I've been hit in the knuckles dozens of times with stunt sabers with wood blades (mostly due to me sucking at blocking), got myself real good in the ear practicing spins (hurts more than you'd think it would), and took an aluminum hilt to the kneecap when my dueling partner accidentally lost his grip on his saber, to name a few. Fan films are dangerous business.

I went a little more functional than Black Dog but got the same result... I was locking up the house at night after finishing my latest saber and just had to carry it around with me while I shut all the lights and locked the doors. I forgot the side door in the kitchen so I used the nice over-driven blue beam of beauty to light my way. Of course, this meant swinging it as I went. I completely destroyed the kitchen ceiling fan light. The globe exploded and sprayed all over me and the kitchen. Amazingly I wasn't cut, my then girlfriend (moved out of here since) starts yelling "What the f*#@ was that?!?!" I had to tell her how cool I was lol.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Sorry to post twice in this thread, but I just "injured" myself again. So I got the first of my two shipments of TCSS stuff, and I was working on my electronics setup, right? Well, I figure it's a good idea to make sure the LED works, is all set up properly, and I have the positive and negative in the right direction. So of course, like a total idiot I put the LED in the lens holder and lens, and put it in the emitter. Then I look right into the thing and turn it on.

In case you can't already guess how well that worked, I can't really see out of one eye too well right now. Temporary blindness is no fun.

This thread might be a good basis for "what NOT to do with your new LED saber".

Red face

Ive got 2 from my first saber I was soldering up the electronics so they are ready to put in and the tip of the soldering iron was getting a bit messy so I scrapped it of and a bit decided to land on my nail (ouch!) then checking the LEDs worked, guess what..... stared right into it and had red in my vision for a while........

You Live And Learn......

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

one time I was attempting to do the anakin spin, still new at it back then, spun it full force as I pivoted round, slammed it into the back of my leg and knockecd myself off my feet, oh that was painful.

second one, I was trying to do the move where you spin the saber round your hand and catch it again, tried it with the Vader 2007 model (bad idea) and it dropped right onto my foot.

moral of the story, wear steel toe capped boots to keep your toes safe

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

The last time we where out dueling I say to my friend Travis, who is a 25 yr old, 450lb plus former football player turned geek, "lets do some freestyle dueling!"

I always tell him swing at most half force, I go in for a low shot, he hits me with slash, just about ripped the end of my nose off! Omg I never was more angry, the blood ruined my favorite dueling shirt!

I'm with Nova on this one, we are going to start doing staged fights from now one, not only am I not going to injure my self any more, but I'm kinda tired of these jokers not buying there own blades and breaking mine all the time. 2 blades broke this last month and 1 saber lost due to the threads getting stuck and someone trying to force it apart...
    Your tongues can't repel flavor of that magnitude!
    www.myspace.com/iowajedi

Ever get a bee sting from a lightsaber fight?

When My Bro and I were younger (many years ago) We used broomhandles for lightsabers. We were dueling one day and I disarmed him. Sent his saber spinning up in the air. It hit a nearby hornet's nest.

Wow, that really sucked. But we ran like hell and only got a couple of stings.
    </div>
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Talking

hmmmm...I know

This is probably the nicest thing I've ever done for someone much less a stranger.

It was the midnight release of EPIII and I was with my friend with I might add a brand new force FX compliments of my girlfriend. There was this ass, most likely a highschooler/wannabe cool frat boy to be type that had a couple of those super cheap plastic lightsabers. These are the ones that don't light up and the blade can go all the way into the hilt. Basically this guy was running around picking fights with people, anyone really even this little kid who I was proud to say had an kickass jedi outfit. So he runs up to this kid and the kid wants to duel. He's sporting a brand new vibrating Obi-wan hilt. They duel the ass is a super ass doesn't pull punches and knocks the kid and saber to the ground. The worse part of this is that the kicks saber got bent at the blade making it look like crap. Now I really detest these sort of *******s so I step in. My friend knowing full well that this guy is about to get his ass handed to him suggest he back down but like all wannabe types very full of themselves doesn't listen and attacks. First swing disarmed him, second swing went to the head, and third was more a throw combo put him on the ground with the tip of the blade pointed at his neck and my foot on his balls. I guess in the end I didn't injure him physically but I guess mentally the guy was rather quiet. IN the end the ass learned a lesson and the little kid got my Force FX cause honestly I had at least 3 at home and I was in a good mood. The kid was dumb-founded and the mom was like "you don't have to do that" look. Meh I was in a good mood.

Lesson of the day - don't pick on little kids cause someone will eventually pick on you.\

Personal Injury - My friend didn't have his retention screw in and the blade popped off and hit me square in the eye.
    ...YUP!

Talking

Ok, thought Id bump this, I did a stupid thing!

I was disconnecting the screw together bits of an MHS and kinda forgot it was sharp metal................ I now have a crescent shaped groove in my hand oops!

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now