Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: double blade!!!

ok screw this, a dual blade saber is maybe too hard. so ill stick to making a single blade.

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

you give up to easily. nothing is worth trying unless its challenging. best way i see to make a DBL blade saber is use 2 of tims mhs hilt and join the bottoms togehter by a bolt or something. thats a start.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

You just started! It's not too hard, it took me 3 months to get my first saber right, and even then..... Take time to look at what you need, think things through, draw pics and visualise then problem solve.

If you build 2 seperate sink tube hilts, you can just connect it with the double blade connector. Dunno if LED might be less hastle to do on this one?

Less talk, more action........

Never give up! Never Surrender!
    ... Wow, when I satrt quoting bad Tim Allen movies, we've got problems.

The best thing to do is to draw/sketch/doodle it out. See what you have to have, where you should place it, etc. It all depends on how complex you want it to be, how much money you're willing to spend and how much time/effort/blood/sweat/tears you're willing to put into it.

I'd be glad to help you in what little ways I can, but the most important thing is to not let go of your dream. Starting small might be a good idea, though. ^^;

Dude, don't give it up. I have been planning on doing a Knights of the Old Republic Bastila double-saber for a couple years now, and it's going to be a while before I get to it as well since I am just doing this a little as I can. I have been thinking through so many ways to make a really strong double hilt that my wife has said one night I was talking about it in my sleep. With the knowledge and support of the folks on this forum I reckon there really isn't anything that can't be done, just have patience and plan out what you want and it will come.

wow ok now i definately wont give up on anything else.

thank you. im glad you have decided to keep a tryin. your idea is good, and we all here will be glad to give advise to help.

and i really like that tim allen line,

never give up, never surrender, that was golden.

lol thx

no prob, any questions feel free to ask, someone will help you.

If you've seen my pile of Mistake tubes youd probably tell me i shoud have quit. LOL A great idea for building; is somthing i do on custom bike tanks; is to use 2inch auto masking tape on your tube and draw on it with a sharpy where you want to mount thins and shade in cut ou areas then BOOM you got a instant pattern. You won't waste a dime that way. If you don't like it peel and retape. Another building idea (tellin all my secrets lol) use an xacto blade for sharp lines. Then (here he goes with the sand blaster again) pull off the desiable are abd leave the tape on the rest and glass bead; pull off the tape and instant etced designs. It's only art if you call it art. LOL Don't get frustrated having fun thats for youe 9-5