Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New sound card testing!!!

WOW... is there like a mailing list you guys going to have for announcements? I'd like to be on it for this soundboard.

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

I don't have a vid as of yet, but will shortly, might have to go get a new camera. I'm also waiting to compare it with some others, I have a v1 ultra and a CF v2.5 on the way. I'm not really trying to compete with these two as they are mythical beasts lol, but I'm trying to get something to people that's good and inexpensive, I think it's going to be more on par with ultra being Erv is a genius but it will have a few features the ultra will not. hopefully this will be a mid grade option, but with the online update ability who really knows, I've already had about 15 revisions so by time all said and done, it might be on par with the unicorn. I'm not the genius behind the design just the force making it happen and adding what I want and what I think all you guys are looking for. I don't have a mailing list as of yet but I will post on here and will be talking to TIM pretty regularly from this point on.
    Last edited by DARTH KALEL; 05-13-2008 at 07:17 PM.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Blog Entries

Default wiring diagram?

Hi,
    will this be the final dimensions of the production model?
    .86" wide x .21" tall x 2.37" long

I just got most of my MHS parts last night and need to do a internals layout before I start cutting and drilling. A piece of cardboard will represent your sound card

to help with my switch layout, can you give us a simple wiring diagram of your board? i.e. ignition, aux, kill switch, speaker, luxeon, decorative led, etc.

thank you,
    V.

Edit: I will also have a tactile feedback motor in the hilt. I'll probably have questions on how to wire that too.
    Last edited by vadeblade; 05-15-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: forgot something
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

how much will you be selling these for?
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

he said he was trying to keep it under $100 shipped in the first post in this thread.

I hope the PRICE is a concern... adding in nice features and extra tis or that is great.. but NOT at the expense/cost of the board (IMHO at least)

I dont recall form the original thread read.. is this JUST a sound board..or will this also drive the LED as well?

computer programmable is a plus.. usb is easy to work with.

maybe if you get a huge/mass order you can keep prices cheap.. doing ab ulk order at a time or something.

Looking forward to get my hand's on one.
    The marking of a Sith

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    I hope the PRICE is a concern... adding in nice features and extra tis or that is great.. but NOT at the expense/cost of the board (IMHO at least)

I dont recall form the original thread read.. is this JUST a sound board..or will this also drive the LED as well?

computer programmable is a plus.. usb is easy to work with.

maybe if you get a huge/mass order you can keep prices cheap.. doing ab ulk order at a time or something.
    It would do both.

I think mass orders were addressed with Erv's inquiries. There simply isn't a huge enough demand to get a price drop. If you can get 1000 people to say they'd buy one... then bulk manufacture might be okay.

I see what they do and what I get and I pay for the top end board because it's worth it.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

As far as loading the sounds fonts go, what format will this board require? Will it be .raw like on ervs board or something else? It was mentioned that it would "convert and transfer" by click and drag. Just curious.

I wasnt sure what consisted ofa BULK order to make it 'happen' I guess I was thinking more of a few hundred..not 1000..

Glad to know it does BOTH.. but once you get to the $100 mark.. you're coming close to doubling what you put into a hilt..

I guess mid-board is what its going to be eh?

and Marsupial's and Corbins are just drivers.. (but projected to be around $40-$50 bucks?)