Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New sound card testing!!!

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Default New sound card testing!!!

Hey guy's I will be testing my new sound board tomorrow, I haven't really posted much about it, but it's a customizable sound card comparable to Erv's and Ultra's. It won't be as expanded as Erv's but it will be able to adjust between 700mah to 2000mah, and will be capable of running the higher wattage stuff like the multi rebels, my builder says it should be able to run up to 24v without any probs and 30v max. I don't have a ton of info as of yet, but it's been in the process for awhile. The builder is an Electrical and sound engineer for Lockheed Martin, and has guaranteed the product for me. There are 3 size and config setup we are still playing around with, but tomorrow that's what i'm going to be doing. Seeing which is easier for the NOOOOB to install and seeing if a mounted clash sensor is worth the trouble. We made the solder points all pinholes to make it easy instead of the pads, a request from Er Dan Gill. We are also going to be playing around with hard mounts with quick connects for ease of use as well. This will depend on price mainly. I want to keep the cost to the sabersmith under 100.00 shipped. As of right now the boards would be 89.00 shipped. If everything goes good tomorrow and works properly, which I don't see a prob as we have tested them in blasters before, as was original design, we will be ready to make a small run of 25 boards that will be sold as prototypes and will be very cheap, mainly covering shipping and packaging. 3 day air for 35.00. i'm only going to let these first ones go to experienced saber builders as I need feedback from someone who has used Erv's or ultras board for comparrisons. The memory card will not be removable but will have a USB plug to customize. If you are interested please PM me. I will be sending a few for free to some great sabersmiths as a gift for their help and info in other fields and you will recieve your PM's shortly, Like I said i'm going to do the enitial setup and test tomorrow if it makes me smile i will have them ready to send asap. Hope this news brings a smile to your faces as it has to mine.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Wow! can't what to see/hear it! Nice job!

Wow this is great news, and especially that it will support "higher wattage stuff like the multi rebels"...this sounds [pun intended] like it could be just the perfect solution for whenever the Endor optics come and Strydur offers the custom-colour Endors he talked about a couple months ago [two reds + green = BRIGHT orange here I come! I hope soon...].

Very BEST of Luck with your testing!

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

well, will need a higher rated speaker lol.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KALEL View Post
    well, will need a higher rated speaker lol.

I like loud oh yeah!!
    Sith Happens

I can vouch for the speakers sold at TCSS being pretty darn good in terms of their dynamic range.

Are there better ones out there? Sure... just as with all things--technology increases as the days pass. Question is, at what cost, what size, what power requirements, etc.

But awesome, a driver that supports 2A sounds fun!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

yeah i'm playing with a 3 watt and a 5 watt to see what works best, I can get both in the right size so just seeing which one sounds better.

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Ok so i'm extremely happy with the results so far. the ease of use is incredible, more than I had originally dreamed. Everything will be controlled and updated over the computer. No removable memory card but it's got a usb plug that can be mounted like a switch on saber or stuffed inside. All future updates will be done online. right now he got it to run up to 3000 mah and we tested it using a P7 all I can say is wow. the ramp up timed feature is really cool being able to controll the speed of the ramp up and the shimmer effect. i'm running a 8AA setup. The momentary switches controll the sound banks as well as the blaster and force effects. I'm actually using a heat vision sound font and it's pretty amazing. To load sound fonts the included program will convert and transfer just by click and drag, like I said ease of use is incredible. Size of the board will be .86 wide x .21 tall x 2.37 long. It's a little longer than some of the others but the clash sensor is hard mounted due to builder wanting them all to function the same as far as sensitivity. I will have some pics up by this weekend and hopfully if my CF comes in tomorrow I will have something to compare with. If you have any detail questions give me a PM, those that showed interest in testing and feedback I have 20 to send out, about half are gone , of course Tim will get one and a few sabersmiths as well, but if you have interest just PM me, i'm open to anybody as long as you do what I require. Thanks guys and can't wait to see these in some sabers. The latest feature i'm trying for before launch is being able to drive 2 main LED's and sound for 2 sabers I.E double sabers with single driver, and sound. but two speakers. I'm just working on machining a coupler with contact leads to allow this to happen, but that is what my prototype is.

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KALEL View Post
    Ok so i'm extremely happy with the results so far. the ease of use is incredible, more than I had originally dreamed. Everything will be controlled and updated over the computer. No removable memory card but it's got a usb plug that can be mounted like a switch on saber or stuffed inside. All future updates will be done online. right now he got it to run up to 3000 mah and we tested it using a P7 all I can say is wow. the ramp up timed feature is really cool being able to controll the speed of the ramp up and the shimmer effect. i'm running a 8AA setup. The momentary switches controll the sound banks as well as the blaster and force effects. I'm actually using a heat vision sound font and it's pretty amazing. To load sound fonts the included program will convert and transfer just by click and drag, like I said ease of use is incredible. Size of the board will be .86 wide x .21 tall x 2.37 long. It's a little longer than some of the others but the clash sensor is hard mounted due to builder wanting them all to function the same as far as sensitivity. I will have some pics up by this weekend and hopfully if my CF comes in tomorrow I will have something to compare with. If you have any detail questions give me a PM, those that showed interest in testing and feedback I have 20 to send out, about half are gone , of course Tim will get one and a few sabersmiths as well, but if you have interest just PM me, i'm open to anybody as long as you do what I require. Thanks guys and can't wait to see these in some sabers. The latest feature i'm trying for before launch is being able to drive 2 main LED's and sound for 2 sabers I.E double sabers with single driver, and sound. but two speakers. I'm just working on machining a coupler with contact leads to allow this to happen, but that is what my prototype is.
    All praise the "House of EL" dude I have nothing but man love for you hahahaha, but seriously congrats big time cant wait to get one
    Sith Happens

Cool

Congrats! Any chance of a sneek peek video?

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682